Portland Maine to Kennebunkport

steve333

Hi all,can someone tell me the best way to do Kennebunkport from Portland Maine cruise terminal and how long should it take each way(looking for alternatives to ships excursions there),thanks for any help,Steve.

4 hours ago, steve333 said:

Hi all,can someone tell me the best way to do Kennebunkport from Portland Maine cruise terminal and how long should it take each way(looking for alternatives to ships excursions there),thanks for any help,Steve.

Best look at TripAdvisor at this thread discussing transporation options to Kennebunkport, which aren't very good:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g40827-i176-k11542527-Transportation_from_Portland_Maine_to_Kennebunkport-Portland_Maine.html

Not sure what everyone sees in going to Kennebunk, there are a lot of other coastal towns just as pretty, just without a presidential family compound.  Much to see in Portland itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve spent the last 30 plus summers in Kennebunk and love it. I think there are 2 main ways to get there off a cruise ship - ship tour or rent a car.  Don’t count on Uber to pick you up there.  If you do rent a car, be advised that parking can be tight in town. There’s overflow parking at a church several blocks away from the main square.  If you have a car and the time make sure to see Cape Porpoise, about 10 minutes past the Bush compound. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...