Ground Transfers from FLL to Miami Cruise Port

wmshay6

Best way for me to get to FL for my upcoming cruise is via Southwest Air.  But they only fly to FLL and we leave from Miami.  Trying to figure out if I should pay more for airfare to go direct to Miami or if I should fly to FLL and try to get a ground transfer.  Timing then comes into play. . . .And there are 5 of us.  

Can anyone recommend a reliable and affordable ground transfer from FLL to Miami Cruise Port?  How bad is a cab from MIA to the Cruise Terminal if I elect to fly directly to Miami?

Looks Like MJS has some good reviews.

I've only every cruised out of FLL, so sorry for all the questions!

"Best" way would be in a private helicopter, sipping champagne. Second choice would be a limo, sipping champagne.

If you look down the board, you will see many threads recommending SAS, QLS, Jiffy Jeff, GO Shuttle, MJS and a number of others. This should cost $15-20pp.

Taxi from MIA to PortMiami is a flat rate $27.

Taxi from FLL to POM will run about $70+ for the cab, or use UberX for about $35+.

The popular shared shuttles list the FLL area hotels they pick up at, saving you a ride back to the airport just to catch a shuttle.

I always fly into FL and cruise out of Miami. We have used Larry's Limos, John's Car Service and SAS shuttle. Johns car service was the best and we had 6 people. No complaints about Larrys either. We wont use SAS again since they never picked us up post cruise!

On 8/8/2019 at 8:24 AM, Jenner9 said:

I always fly into FL and cruise out of Miami. We have used Larry's Limos, John's Car Service and SAS shuttle. Johns car service was the best and we had 6 people. No complaints about Larrys either. We wont use SAS again since they never picked us up post cruise!

When you used John's car service, was it a shared van or private car?

10 hours ago, green eyed lady said:

I use Johns service  in Miami

You can get private car, SUV or shared van

prices on his website

We have used QLS three times now and they are very prompt.  They picked us up at our Fort Lauderdale hotel, at our prescribed time and we were at the Port of Miami in 45 minutes.  At the end of our cruise, I would call them to let them know we were custom, told us where to go to be picked up, and delivered us to Fort Lauderdale airport in about 45 minutes.

On 8/9/2019 at 1:16 PM, green eyed lady said:

It was a private car. He sent a suburban to get us feom airport. On cruise day one of his drivers had an accident so he was behind schedule. He called me and we worked it out and upgraded us to a limo for free for the wait. I had no trouble with him. Very accomidating and easy to work with.

5 minutes ago, Jenner9 said:

It was a private car. He sent a suburban to get us feom airport. On cruise day one of his drivers had an accident so he was behind schedule. He called me and we worked it out and upgraded us to a limo for free for the wait. I had no trouble with him. Very accomidating and easy to work with.

great thanks. I think we are going to go with him.  I don't want to be herded into a shuttle with a bunch of others 😉

6 minutes ago, green eyed lady said:

great thanks. I think we are going to go with him.  I don't want to be herded into a shuttle with a bunch of others 😉

He was the best of the car services I have used!

• 10 months later...
On 8/11/2019 at 3:10 PM, Jenner9 said:

He was the best of the car services I have used!

Will add my recommendation for John's Car service. Altho we were not cruising, I used cruisecritic to research a car service to take us from MIA to our hotel and back for a recent land trip.

From initial contact by email to drop off after our travels, all was excellent. John was prompt with reply to my request for a quote and was thorough in his arrangements ( even proactively contacting me to see if we needed a child car seat). He was waiting for us upon our arrival at bagaage claim, (and with a mask -important during this current Covid epidemic). He has a Suburban which was spotlessly clean and the right size for our group. He was on time/early for our pickup to go back to the airport. 
We were all very pleased with our experience and would definitely use John's Car service again for any future trips in the Miami area.