Received an upgrade but not advised

Jesseslola

Received an upgrade from an inside to an infinite Veranda but was not advised. I was assigned  cabin 6155, which upon checking is a 50% obstructed cabin.

I asked my TA to move me into another IV unobstructed cabin. Can it be done? 

Can I now then ask for another upgrade, maybe a sunset veranda?

3 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

Received an upgrade from an inside to an infinite Veranda but was not advised. I was assigned  cabin 6155, which upon checking is a 50% obstructed cabin.

I asked my TA to move me into another IV unobstructed cabin. Can it be done? 

Can I now then ask for another upgrade, maybe a sunset veranda?

Sunset verandahs are usually one of the first to sell out. 

You booked a inside and they changed it to  a IV that has a 50% obstructed view.

You  should demand to have the cabin you booked that has a 100% obstructed view.  🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

59 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Hi,  I paid for the upgrade.

I had been offered a possibility of another upgrade. I saw an SV. I will try.

I would continue to work with your TA and see if you can get a better cabin. The SV's now seem to be consistently higher -priced than the IV's (were previously less expensive, likely because they thought the IV would be more popular).

Good Luck! Worst case scenario is that you get to enjoy an IV, albeit with less of a view. Hopefully, you would be so busy on the ship, you may not care too much! 🙂

I assume this is on Edge, yes? If so, the obstruction is probably the top of a life boat BELOW outside Deck 5. It literally will be nothing, especially compared to an inside cabin.

Since this is a move-up you will NOT be able to change it. And, the stateroom is not going to be that bad, honestly.

• Like 1

If this is a Move-Up offer that you bid on, case closed....that's your new cabin.  The Move-Up offer clearly states that if your bid is accepted, they will select your cabin and immediately charge your credit card.  All upgrades are final and you cannot cancel the upgrade once granted.  Now if you would like to upgrade again, that's an interesting question and I'm not sure if you are allowed to or not.

One thing about the obstructed view room.  I booked an obstructed balcony by choice (due to the extremely low price) on Equinox once and I'd have no problem with booking that again.  The obstruction was that the life boat was in the way to look directly down to the water, but our sight line out to sea was just find.  Our sight line was just above the top of the life boats.  So the obstruction may not be that big of a deal.

Just to clarify, if you end up with that IV, was it 6155 or 6255?   6155 is not listed as obstructed, though 6255 is listed as 50% obstructed.

6155 location - has the lifeboat view, but no davit or antenna - it is on the down-sloping end of lifeboat so less of an issue.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd78d3cb8811f130aec28c6befb34aca.jpeg

If it is 6255, it does have a davit in front of it so a more significant obstruction - these cabins were changed to E5's and the price dropped early on (were E4's):

image.jpeg.1c71324f19d9233df50b1e5d3be06ba1.jpeg

For those who haven't seen the Edge deck 6 cabins obstructions:

This is a cabin view that will likely be similar to 6155:

image.thumb.png.836d8a5185d3f918376a93df5a104a61.png

This is what the davit looks like (taken from IV of cabin next to cabin with a davit - the davit is on the left):

image.thumb.png.6aabd985ba4d583db1452a75f0adf7e2.png

This is what the antenna view looks like:

image.thumb.png.04bb3880f997c050b60b62e35b6ca362.png

Is either the perfect view? No, but if you end up in either of these cabins, it is definitely an upgrade since you will have more space and be able to see what is going on and will be able to open the glass to have the sea breeze.

Hope you can upgrade to an SV, as that would be even better, but if not, you will have all of the benefits of the IV. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd take that view over an inside cabin, but only if it was almost a free upgrade. I don't know how much more was paid for the upgrade, so maybe OP doesn't feel it was worth it for the price paid?

Honestly I wouldn't want to stare at that lifeboat. It would drive me nuts and I'd have a hard time ignoring it.

• Like 1

Thanks K12guy.

Thanks VT, you are bang on with 6255. I saw the picture reviewed by Eat, sleep, cruise. I believe they were on that cabin. Urgh, hard to ignore. . My daughter was upgraded to 6278, not in the obstructed list but I read somewhere it is. Oh well at least we are in the same deck.  Can you confirm please.

VT, I am serious, I swear , I hope that the CEO is reading the board and realize how much you help people and help people decide on the trip. You actually answered more of my question than celebrity customer service.

grateful!,

16 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

Thanks K12guy.

Thanks VT, you are bang on with 6255. I saw the picture reviewed by Eat, sleep, cruise. I believe they were on that cabin. Urgh, hard to ignore. . My daughter was upgraded to 6278, not in the obstructed list but I read somewhere it is. Oh well at least we are in the same deck.  Can you confirm please.

VT, I am serious, I swear , I hope that the CEO is reading the board and realize how much you help people and help people decide on the trip. You actually answered more of my question than celebrity customer service.

grateful!,

6278 is not obstructed - it is over the Eden outside dining, so some good people watching (though didn't seem that busy except at lunch when we were on and there aren't a lot of tables).

You are going to be so busy you probably won't care too much about the views. There is so much other fun to be had on the Edge!!  You will certainly enjoy that extra room and being able to see what the weather is like and what the ports look like (would miss that in an inside). Can't wait to see how it all works out! 🙂

Thanks VT, will let you know when we come back.

One more please, is there an access from 6278 towards the back to Eden outside dining, or just any stairs down? It would be nice so we won’t need to go to the middle of the ship, go down and go back to Eden.

10 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Thanks VT, will let you know when we come back.

One more please, is there an access from 6278 towards the back to Eden outside dining, or just any stairs down? It would be nice so we won’t need to go to the middle of the ship, go down and go back to Eden.

As far as I know, there is no hidden pathway to Eden from the staterooms on 6. I did explore Eden 6, but didn't see any exit to the staterooms on that back wall (though there may be a service entrance). I think they will need to go to the aft elevators/stairs and go down one deck and then take the Journey to Eden on 5 (including the Haunted Forest) - well worth the trip.  😉