Labadee Nellie's Beach Cabana Question

gidgetgirl84

I'll be in Labadee in May 2020 and it's been a bit since I've checked my cruise planner, but I'm now seeing 2 listings for cabanas on Nellie's beach. Beach Cabana - Waterfront Cabana at Nellie's Beach for $579 and Beach Cabana at Nellie's Beach for $395. Is the waterfront one those cabanas that go up and have stairs into the water, or are those different? Those cabanas I've always seen referred to as over the water cabanas, but I haven't seen anything about waterfront cabanas so I'm not sure if it's a different thing, or just worded differently on Royal Carribean. Thanks to anyone that can help clarify this for me.

• 1 month later...

For my upcoming visit to Labadee, my Cruise Planner shows three options at Nellie's:

• Waterfront
  • Over The Water
  • Beach Cabana

Based on the descriptions, my interpretation is:

WATERFRONT is a cabana that is on the sand and in the front row -- there are no cabanas between this one and the water.

OVER THE WATER is a cabana that is built up the path on the hillside and has stairs and/or a ladder going into the water.

BEACH CABANA is a cabana that is on the sand, but farther back from the water, with the waterfront cabanas between this one and the actual water.  

Here are the descriptions of each in the Cruise Planner:

NelliesWTF.png.4e0e95c2077f86cdfe77b4ff0d38f2d6.png

NOTE: Beach front with water access would indicate that there is no other structure or loungers/umbrellas between this cabana and the water. 

NelliesOTW.png.907ab2f9923e061e0404618b4405341a.png

NOTE: Hillside with private water access, which would indicate the ladder/stairs from the water directly to the cabana (sometimes one staircase services two cabanas, one on each side). 

NelliesOTB.png.1c504ee1ab985417d1f9cd0b3213989e.png

NOTE: On Nellie's Beach with direct water access.... because it doesn't say "beach front" like the other, that would indicate it is set back some distance from the water's edge, presumably with other cabanas and/or loungers/umbrellas between the cabana and the water.

Interesting..."Beach Cabana - Waterfront" appears to be a new category.  I did a lot of research before booking our "Over the Water" cabana for our upcoming cruise and never saw any info on the "Waterfront" option.  I wonder if they built new ones or just changed the designation of certain existing cabanas?

Whenever we have Labadee as one of our Ports of call, we always secure the Over the Water cabanas.

As Cabanas are only assigned upon arrival at the beach, in past, all of the cabanas on or around the entry to the water along the beach were deemed "over the water" and all Cabanas that were situated on the actual beach were deemed "Beachfront Cabanas". Onsite we have seen guests who secured over the water but were at the base of the hill at the entry into the water and were upset. 

Now it seems to alleviate the disappointment upon arrival if guests did not get their preferred cabana location  they further broke down the categories and price points. 

I interpret:

Over the water cabanas are the ones with ladder/step entry into the ocean.

Waterfront are the cabanas  (along the base perimeter of the hill)

Beachfront: All cabanas located directly on the beach with the loungers. 

Have the BEST time at Labadee!!!!

I have asked this specific question in several threads, have tweeted RCL, and have spoken to phone reps.  Literally nobody seems to have the definitive answer.  I've seen detailed maps of Barefoot Beach, but nothing similar appears to exist for Nellie's.  My family has a waterfront cabana (we "upgraded" from over the water when one came available), but are not sure if it was a good decision or not.  We have a few younger kids, so figured direct beach access would be better than OTW, but who knows.

4 hours ago, uvadover said:

I have asked this specific question in several threads, have tweeted RCL, and have spoken to phone reps.  Literally nobody seems to have the definitive answer.  I've seen detailed maps of Barefoot Beach, but nothing similar appears to exist for Nellie's.  My family has a waterfront cabana (we "upgraded" from over the water when one came available), but are not sure if it was a good decision or not.  We have a few younger kids, so figured direct beach access would be better than OTW, but who knows.

Maybe try posting in a couple Roll Calls for ships that will be in Labadee in the next week or two and ask someone to take photos of Nellie's Beach for you.

IMO, an over-the-water with younger kids would be problematic -- the ladder can be VERY slippery, and the water might be too deep for kids where the ladder is.  Something on the beach will work out better, for access and water depth.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still seeking a definitive answer for what the Waterfront Beach Cabanas @ Nellie's Beach are.  They were even more expensive than the Over the Water ones, but it's not clear where they are located.  There is a detailed map of Barefoot Beach, but seemingly not for Nellie's.  RCCL support has been unable to answer this one, for some reason.

4 hours ago, uvadover said:

Still seeking a definitive answer for what the Waterfront Beach Cabanas @ Nellie's Beach are.  They were even more expensive than the Over the Water ones, but it's not clear where they are located.  There is a detailed map of Barefoot Beach, but seemingly not for Nellie's.  RCCL support has been unable to answer this one, for some reason.

I'll be in Labadee in the next few weeks.  I can try to get some clarification from the ShoreEx desk, if that would help.  (Not sure when you're going...???)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Strangely, the over the water bungalows for our sailing were the most expensive (but the only option ot yet sold out).

We actually have 9 in our party, but since Nellie's Beach is not private access, we were wondering about including the 9th person. 

• 2 years later...

Has anyone figured out which ones are which, for sure? I'm going in June and have a "Waterfront" Cabana. I think I'm pretty sure which ones they are BUT I just wanted to try to get an answer here. I called RC and they told me to check the map...which I did and it does not explain which ones they are. They told me they don't know exactly either?? 

There should be "hill top" and "over the water" and "waterfront".  

Hill top is on the hill, no access to water.  
Over the water is elevated with a stairway/ladder down to the water, possibly shared with one other cabana.
Waterfront is on the beach itself.

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

There should be "hill top" and "over the water" and "waterfront".  

Hill top is on the hill, no access to water.  
Over the water is elevated with a stairway/ladder down to the water, possibly shared with one other cabana.
Waterfront is on the beach itself.

Thank You!

On the cruise planner they are listed as "beachfront" "over the water" and "waterfront" 
I chose the waterfront one.. I hope they are the ones that I have been finding in random pics that I see online from other people 😬

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heather5679 said:

Thank You!

On the cruise planner they are listed as "beachfront" "over the water" and "waterfront" 
I chose the waterfront one.. I hope they are the ones that I have been finding in random pics that I see online from other people 😬

I would guess that "beachfront" is on the beach but NOT actually in the front, so it's set back from the water with random people or another cabana between you and the water.  Then waterfront should be "front row" on the beach, the closest to the water.  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi! We actually just booked the same "Waterfront" cabana for Labadee. We are hoping its somewhat on the water, secluded from the free beach of people. Do you happen to have any pictures of yours during your stay? 
Much appreciated!