Door Decorations

Hello everyone!

I'm going to start, until they ban it on Royal, to start decorating our stateroom door every cruise we're on.
I saw it on my previous cruise (2017) and thought that was a really fun idea! 

I haven't seen a lot of RC people post about decorating their doors, and was wondering if people still do (or did I have to just come across a rare jewel in 2017)? 
It seems like it would make a cruise more fun, as long as it's not a fire hazard in any way. 

Has anyone else decorated their door? Has anyone decorated for a holiday like Halloween?

Would love to see what others have done! 

Anna

• Like 1

We're on Mariner for Halloween and I'm planning on bringing some themed garlands to put up on our door! I have glitter bats, spiders, and pumpkins, and some clip magnets to hang them with. We're also bringing a small battery-powered jack-o-lantern to set up on the table on our balcony.

• Like 1

Go for it! I don’t care what other people do. It is not against any rules to decorate your door. We do it all the time and that is from the Haven on NCL, our Signature suite on Celebrity and we will be in a CLS on the Allure in 2 weeks and that door will be decorated as well. I don’t go all out like some just because it is not my style but for the last several years I have a decorative keepsake personalized for our cabin door in a magnet form. You can order them from several locations online. The current one is for our Anniversary and it is a full size license plate magnet that says ‘LUV2CRZ’ with our last name, ship name, date and the RCCL logo on it. Hope you love your door 😎🤗 Enjoy your vacation 

I have a magnetic "port hole" I put on the door. On a Halloween Cruise I brought a bat with sound and movement. When the cabin steward came around the bat started shaking, dropped down a doorway and made noise. The steward loved it.

We have been decorating our door for the past couple of years. It's fun, and we have even had people comment about the decorations on board.

How many doors done up depends on the cruise. The Symphony TA had quite a few doors done up and quite a few people decorated for Halloween. We have seen quite a few birthday and anniversary celebrations on the doors.

Ovation door.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mooseman52b said:

We have been decorating our door for the past couple of years. It's fun, and we have even had people comment about the decorations on board.

How many doors done up depends on the cruise. The Symphony TA had quite a few doors done up and quite a few people decorated for Halloween. We have seen quite a few birthday and anniversary celebrations on the doors.

Ovation door.jpg

We have decorated our cabin doors for many years on all lines we have sailed on. People thank us cause when they see our door they know how close they are to their cabin. The Halloween cruises we have been on usually have a door decorating contest. Do not know if that is still allowed on some ships. We already have items for our Symphony Anniv. cruise.

We always put a small but fluorescent, magnetic, block...high above the door.  I am visually impaired and it helps me identify our cabin.  (Cabin stewards suggest to place it higher so kids won't think of taking it...but we do bring extras just in case.) 😎

12 hours ago, mooseman52b said:

Ovation door.jpg

Moose where did you get the cruise critic layouts? Are they somewhere on the site and you just made them magnets?

This was our door decoration for our cruise, this past May on the Summit.  We will have one similar for our Royal cruise next year. It was attached with magnets. It's hard to tell, but it's  glittery .

door sign.jpg

Edited by bboop51
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DangerousCutie said:

Moose where did you get the cruise critic layouts? Are they somewhere on the site and you just made them magnets?

Got one of the cruise critic signs at the link below (both maybe it's been awhile)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/34071-meet-amp-mingle-door-signs/

I edit one of the CC signs with Bluebeam software. I edit the text and paste over the ship images using the snipping tool in Windows.

I purchased magnetic photo sleeves for the pics and the CC signs at Amazon. Takes a bit of work to get the paper CC into the sleeve.

• Like 2