Best cruise line for Norwegian/Scandinavian Fjords, Arctic or Iceland?

Eli_6

6 minutes ago, hallasm said:

An aft cabin will be fine - however the best views are still from upper decks

Do not know which ship but I cannot see any difference from sailing the Fjords by a small or a large ship - the Fjord experience will be exact the same - no advantage of a small ship.

Depends on the cruise ship companies - only electrical propulsion will be allowed from 2026 - so only hybrid ships will be able to sail - so far only Hurtigruten and Havila Kystruten will have hybrid ships - for the Norwegian national coastal route hybrid/LNG is a requirement already by 2021 while 2026 for other ships - but more strict regulation for emission already by now - however many cruise ships today will be able to meet those requirements through 2025.

Most important is the Itinerary - personally I think Geiranger, Olden and Bergen are great ports. For Stotfjord and Geiranger Fjord you must be at the deck very early.

below a sailing Geiranger Fjord video - by a large ship.

I don’t want to go wishing my life away.  My Greek Island cruise next month will be special.  But 6th June 2020 won’t come soon enough.  Thank you for the reply and keeping me confident in the cruise.  + I will be up.  I do 5 a.m. alarms on a regular basis to study, so sitting on my aft balcony with a coffee from a flask will be the easiest thing in the world.  

Thank you for the link.  

14 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Thank you for the reply and keeping me confident in the cruise.

You’re welcome - I do like aft cabins myself - however one of the problems I have experienced is black soot flakes from the chimneys on the balcony due to poor quality bunker fuel - due to the Norwegian requirements based on international emission regulations you will not experience that problem - enjoy you cruise and the aft cabin.

• Like 1