Past Passenger Party

lottiegreen56

54 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Years ago, the past guest party was usually held in the main theater with a live orchestra and couples invited up on stage to dance towards the end of the show.

I've attended recent past guest parties in either the comedy club or the theater, depending on how many P&Ds were on board that sailing.

Yes, we too have attended them in both places, but our last ones on the Vista and Victory were both in the theatre (although no dancing on stage - however, we have attended those as well).

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

But did you catch any fish?  Or were you just providing the chum?

No chum, but was not far off.... as luck would have it, I was the first to hook in one, it dampened the fun of reeling it in.   

4 hours ago, Micahs Grandad said:

So true, hard to believe how much we used to be able to drink at one of these parties

Remember the FAREWELL parties too? I think those got axed even before the past guest party. That one was even boozier (if) memory serves...

20 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Remember the FAREWELL parties too? I think those got axed even before the past guest party. That one was even boozier (if) memory serves...

Not sure which was taken away first but not many guests at farewell party and waitstaff got tired of holding trays of drinks so they kept offering more and more 

45 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Read the first few pages of this thread for info on those. Post #65 and more.

Edited by sanmarcosman

On 8/9/2019 at 7:55 AM, Retired_to_Cruise said:

Being one whose Platinum level got stretched to 75 days rather than 10 cruises a few years ago, I know that another change would make people unhappy. I also remember the past cruiser party from years ago, in the theatre with people taking 3 and 4 dinky drinks at a time from waiter's trays almost knocking them and fellow cruisers over in the rush. I think what is happening today is just fine and dandy. I like the Diamond/Platinum party, I like the Diamond Lunch, I like the laundry benefits, I like the water and the diamond/platinum gift, and all the other benefits we get. Making changes now will unset an apple cart that has just gotten fixed from the changes that occured in the past. It ain't broken. Do not try to "fix" it again.

But, it is broken because there are so many platinum at this point, and more becoming platinum every day, which means priority boarding, guest line, etc is no longer priority!  Change is going to happen sooner or later and there will be a lot of unhappy people.

Pat

1 hour ago, quickrate said:

But, it is broken because there are so many platinum at this point, and more becoming platinum every day, which means priority boarding, guest line, etc is no longer priority!  Change is going to happen sooner or later and there will be a lot of unhappy people.

Pat

True, but they have to do it, not what people near the levels want to hear, but it is what it is.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quickrate said:

Pat

Well not so sure there are more and more platinum every day. Lot of platinum are elderly folks who at some point are not physically able to cruise anymore.

So really wonder if the total number of platinum is really growing and if so is it an appreciable amount?

2 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Well not so sure there are more and more platinum every day. Lot of platinum are elderly folks who at some point are not physically able to cruise anymore.

So really wonder if the total number of platinum is really growing and if so is it an appreciable amount?

Have you cruised lately?  I just did a 3 day cruise on Victory and there were 62 Platinums and 22 Diamonds. So far this year I have done 7-8 day cruises on Sunshine, Horizon and Breeze. There were close to 400 or more Platinums on all of these cruises.  

I don’t see many Platinum passengers in the elderly category.  Heck, I don’t see many Diamond passengers in the elderly category. I have heard John Heald say more than once that there are too many Platinums on Carnival. When it gets to the point where so many people have priority on a cruise, no one really has priority any more. 

There have been lots of complaints about the current lanyard gift, but I can’t blame Carnival for attempting to better control the cost of this perk.  At some point, likely sooner than later, Carnival has to change their VIFP Program to reflect the current environment. 

• Like 1