Home2 Suites or Homewood Suites FLL

samrothstein

November 2nd cruise departure, will be arriving at FLL with DW+DS+DS at about 8:30pm on the 1st. I have it narrowed down to these two hotels based on price and proximity. Home2 is $10 more for the night, has good reviews and looks pretty nice. Homewood is a brand we've stayed at in other locations, also have good reviews and looks nice. Both hotels offer free airport shuttle, and $10/pp cruise port shuttle. Seems like there's not much around either location food or store wise, but the Homewood at least has a couple of gas stations we can get snacks and maybe a case of soda from.

Is there anything between the two to set one apart? Anything else I should look at in the $160(all in) range?

I can't provide specifics on either (we have stayed in other Homewood Suites before and liked them) but if you are able to find something in the $160 (all in) range during the Boat Show (Oct 30 - Nov 3) book it sooner rather than later!

When you have 4 people in your party, a $10 per person shuttle will be more expensive than a taxi, Uber/Lyft.  Van taxis in Fort Lauderdale are the same price as a sedan.

11 hours ago, samrothstein said:

November 2nd cruise departure, will be arriving at FLL with DW+DS+DS at about 8:30pm on the 1st. I have it narrowed down to these two hotels based on price and proximity. Home2 is $10 more for the night, has good reviews and looks pretty nice. Homewood is a brand we've stayed at in other locations, also have good reviews and looks nice. Both hotels offer free airport shuttle, and $10/pp cruise port shuttle. Seems like there's not much around either location food or store wise, but the Homewood at least has a couple of gas stations we can get snacks and maybe a case of soda from.

Is there anything between the two to set one apart? Anything else I should look at in the $160(all in) range?

Sam,

This information may or may not be helpful or relevant to your family's situation.  We stayed at a Home2Suites twice out of dire necessity; never again.  The rooms are basically set up for 1 person or a couple, with only king studio rooms available.  There's a supposed sofa bed where my sister slept, and it was extremely uncomfortable with a metal bar down the middle.  We had to make up the sofa bed ourselves with bedding provided at the front desk. 

Roz

A king+sofa bed is our preferred room type when traveling with the kids. They won’t notice a bar in the bed for one night. 

1 hour ago, Roz said:

Sam,

This information may or may not be helpful or relevant to your family's situation.  We stayed at a Home2Suites twice out of dire necessity; never again.  The rooms are basically set up for 1 person or a couple, with only king studio rooms available.  There's a supposed sofa bed where my sister slept, and it was extremely uncomfortable with a metal bar down the middle.  We had to make up the sofa bed ourselves with bedding provided at the front desk. 

Roz

Is this the Home2Suites in Dania Beach? If so, they have studios with 2 queen beds. We have one reserved for next Friday. I have stayed in this brand before. I agree that the rooms can be pretty basic, but I have found them comfortable. Do note, if you are a Hilton Honors member, that Home2Suites only awards 1/2 the points per night as a Homewood Suites. Just how the brand is set up with Hilton.

I have a two queen setup at home2 (Dania Beach) and a 1 king/sofa bed at Homewood (also dania).

Homewood is looking better and better as I can at least grab Wendy’s for dinner and walk to one of the gas stations for supplies - the Home2 doesn’t seem to have any kind of stores or food options near. 

26 minutes ago, samrothstein said:

Homewood is looking better and better as I can at least grab Wendy’s for dinner and walk to one of the gas stations for supplies - the Home2 doesn’t seem to have any kind of stores or food options near. 

Yeah, the map around Home2 is pretty sparse. We will have a car, so I am less worried about that, as there are a bunch of restaurants within an easy drive.

Is this the Home2Suites you are talking about staying at?   

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34168-d12199245-Reviews-Home2_Suites_by_Hilton_Ft_Lauderdale_Airport_Cruise_Port-Dania_Beach_Broward_County_Fl.html

That is where we stayed in July and it was wonderful.   TONS of stuff around there.   Restaurants, Fast Food, Convenience Store, Starbucks.....

The hotel was clean, staff friendly and the free breakfast had plenty to eat.

We had two queen beds and a sofa bed along with the full frig, microwave and dishwasher.   If you have a car there is a kroger not far away and we went there and got stuff to make for dinner two of the nights we were there and ate in the room.   

I would totally stay there again. 

1 hour ago, nycfa said:

Is this the Home2Suites you are talking about staying at?   

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34168-d12199245-Reviews-Home2_Suites_by_Hilton_Ft_Lauderdale_Airport_Cruise_Port-Dania_Beach_Broward_County_Fl.html

That is where we stayed in July and it was wonderful.   TONS of stuff around there.   Restaurants, Fast Food, Convenience Store, Starbucks.....

The hotel was clean, staff friendly and the free breakfast had plenty to eat.

We had two queen beds and a sofa bed along with the full frig, microwave and dishwasher.   If you have a car there is a kroger not far away and we went there and got stuff to make for dinner two of the nights we were there and ate in the room.   

I would totally stay there again. 

That’s the one,  but I’m not seeing much around it on street view. The Burger King and Starbucks show a 10-12 minute walk each way, which doesn’t sound appealing at 9pm. The hotel looks great and I want to give it a try, but it just doesn’t seem convenient at this time. Thanks for taking the time to post!