Tours - St Petersburg

bucklde

Baltic cruise booked for next year and after seeing reviews on the Alla Tours and other websites we have booked a Grand Tour 2 day excursion in St Petersburg.  The communication throughout the booking process has been excellent with any questions answered promptly. Really looking forward to this adventure with possibly St Petersburg the highlight.

6 hours ago, bucklde said:

Baltic cruise booked for next year and after seeing reviews on the Alla Tours and other websites we have booked a Grand Tour 2 day excursion in St Petersburg.  The communication throughout the booking process has been excellent with any questions answered promptly. Really looking forward to this adventure with possibly St Petersburg the highlight.

hi

just wondering whether Alla offered you a discount if you posted on cruise critic?

just as a new poster you may not be aware you are violating the posting guidelines by starting a new post recommending a tour you haven't yet taken

that said Alla as well s several other independent tour operators all get rave reviews

1 hour ago, fabnfortysomething said:

hi

just wondering whether Alla offered you a discount if you posted on cruise critic?

Same thing immediately occurred to me.

I know Alla gives a discount to Cruise Critic members but didn't think it was dependent upon a promo, which is contrary to Cruise Critic rules unless / until you've used them. .

But no worries, bucklde, nobody's going to keel-haul you for a first offence. :classic_wink:

And Alla is fine - we used her a few years back. But the other local operators all have great reputations too.

Great part of the world to cruise, have a good one.

JB :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, John Bull said:

Same thing immediately occurred to me.

I know Alla gives a discount to Cruise Critic members but didn't think it was dependent upon a promo, which is contrary to Cruise Critic rules unless / until you've used them. .

But no worries, bucklde, nobody's going to keel-haul you for a first offence. :classic_wink:

And Alla is fine - we used her a few years back. But the other local operators all have great reputations too.

Great part of the world to cruise, have a good one.

JB :classic_smile:

The discount for cruise critic members is not dependent on a promo - one need only be active on their roll call. I know as we have used Alla's tours for a few cruise visits and that is all that was required for us to receive the discount. It is pretty much the same for all of the top independent operators  - if you are active on cruise critic, you get a discount. Furthermore, earlier this year there were several similar posts & at that time I emailed Alla Tours to ascertain if the requirements had changed since we last booked with her. I was assured that the requirements remain exactly the same as when we booked. Alla is aware of the rules governing posting and I simply cannot imagine that she would ask anyone to break the rules established by Cruise Critic.

This issue only seems to arise only when a newbie posts in the wrong location and misunderstands what is required in order to qualify for the discount. 

Edited by dogs4fun
  • Like 1

Feedback on the use of cruise critic to inform fellow cruisers on a Baltic cruise that I have had a positive experience pursuing an excursion in St Petersburg was my intention.  This will be our third cruise so still learning as we go along so Alla Tours have taken away any doubt with visas etc. so all good to share my experience.