Pig Island excursions?

tkline

Does anyone know of any cruise lines that offer excursions to the pig island? Seems most don't show their excursions till after you book, which is a pain.

I was looking up several different cruises and I found some private companies/boats that will take you there from Nassau, but it's an 8+ hour round trip and I worry if it runs late we might not get back to the ship in time. So I'd rather book through the cruise line so they will wait for us 🙂

Or better yet, any itineraries that stop at an island that would be closer, so the excursion won't take as long?

• Like 1

Never seen a cruise line offer this excursion.  It's much too far away and no cruises stop in Exuma.  You would need to book your own trip to the Bahamas to do it.  It's possible you may find an operator to take you for a hefty fee and higher risk of missing the ship, and you better be in Nassau for a long port stop to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

I am booked on Norwegian Breakaway and this is an excursion offering for Great Stirrup Key. 1 1/2 excursion to pig island for $109/ adult. I am considering it but only 55% recommend so still researching if it will be worth it.

• 2 months later...

We've been looking at swimming with pigs, too.  There is a website that books excursions that has that option and it's on Balmoral island.  I just haven't seen any reviews.  It's www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com  Only about half of our group thinks this would be fun, the other half...maybe they could just go to the beach on Balmoral.  We used this website last year on a different cruise that we booked thru Costco, (they recommended it) and were very pleased.