Topher From Jack's Shack (Grand Turk)

N7786W Flyer

Saw this article this morning pertaining to Topher, the "community dog", who resides on Grand Turk.  Thought some of you might want to see what the Topher's owners are requesting relative to how he's treated while cruise passengers are in port.

https://cruiseradio.net/cruisers-visiting-jacks-shack-asked-to-help-topher/

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing!  I, too, was afraid this thread might contain a sad announcement.  So glad he's still with us.  I hope they post some signs around the beach at Jack's Shack making the request to go easy on Topher.  It's funny, with all my visits there, and all my interactions with Topher, I never saw the sand throwing thing.  I've seen him dig, fish, stand up on his hindquarters to spot his target in the water, and dig and dig some more, but never jump for sand.  Usually, most of my time with Topher is spent being his servant/lounge chair in the water - when he comes swimming up to me (and many others), and then rests in my arms while hunting in the water. :classic_laugh:

I love that silly, perpetually wet-and-sandy boy and hope he's with us for many more years!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks for sharing!  I, too, was afraid this thread might contain a sad announcement.  So glad he's still with us.  I hope they post some signs around the beach at Jack's Shack making the request to go easy on Topher.  It's funny, with all my visits there, and all my interactions with Topher, I never saw the sand throwing thing.  I've seen him dig, fish, stand up on his hindquarters to spot his target in the water, and dig and dig some more, but never jump for sand.  Usually, most of my time with Topher is spent being his servant/lounge chair in the water - when he comes swimming up to me (and many others), and then rests in my arms while hunting in the water. :classic_laugh:

I love that silly, perpetually wet-and-sandy boy and hope he's with us for many more years!

We'll see him and Calypso in October.   One of the main reasons we walk down to Jack's Shack.

28 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We'll see him and Calypso in October.   One of the main reasons we walk down to Jack's Shack.

Give them both a pat and an ear scratch for me.🐕  🤗  I'll be seeing them again (TWICE!:classic_biggrin:) on my B2B in January.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...