Escape 9/1 - Specialty Dining Reservations -- No Luck !

F27TW

We're new to NCL and booked on Escape on 9/1 outta NYC.    Just this past weekend, we went to make our reservations for the 3 specialty dining nights we have as part of our package, but found that some of them are either not accepting reservations .. or have only tables for 4 or 6 as options (we are a party of 2)  .. or have only 9:30pm left.

I didn't realize we'd have needed to book these farther in advance .. lesson learned.

Are the chances of calling/checking with these restaurants on "day of" pretty decent in your experience?    Just curious because we'd hate to miss out on something we chose as a package option.

Any advice?    Much appreciated!

Edited by F27TW
clarification

You have a couple of options- assuming you have the SDP option and are not paying upfront- book the table for 4 if it's the day/time you want (we've traveled with 3 before and run into the trouble of only being able to book for 2 or 4)

Book shortly after boarding. NCL typically only releases a small percentage of reservations for pre-booking, so once you actually get on board you should have more time options available

• Like 1

21 hours ago, F27TW said:

We're new to NCL and booked on Escape on 9/1 outta NYC.    Just this past weekend, we went to make our reservations for the 3 specialty dining nights we have as part of our package, but found that some of them are either not accepting reservations .. or have only tables for 4 or 6 as options (we are a party of 2)  .. or have only 9:30pm left.

I didn't realize we'd have needed to book these farther in advance .. lesson learned.

Are the chances of calling/checking with these restaurants on "day of" pretty decent in your experience?    Just curious because we'd hate to miss out on something we chose as a package option.

Any advice?    Much appreciated!

Hi There! My husband and I are on the 9/1 sailing as well and have done exactly as others on this thread have suggested.

Just make sure you have yours fixed asap once you board. The specialty restaurants fill up fast. See you onboard! :)

• Like 1

Yup. You waited too long. Reservations opened 120 days prior to your departure (140 for suites).

On embarkation day, as you as you get on the ship, head over to the Supper Club (Deck 6 Forward) to make entertainment reservations (main shows, comedy shows,

escape room, painting classes). 

Then go to Headliners (Deck 6 mid) and fix your dining reservations. They hold some (not as many as reported) tables for onboard booking. Prime time seating will sell out quickly. On one of our recent cruises, Cagney’s sold out for all days at all times by 1 pm on embarkation day. 

We just booked the 9/1 Breakaway and are in the same boat, (ship!). There are a few reservations available online at awful times. If I go ahead and book them, will be able to change them when we board or are obligated to stay with the reservation time made online?

I just got off the 8/4 Escape. Book those 930 slots & when you get on board you can move them up if you want to.  We wound up booking 2 late ones & I moved one up to 630 at cagney's but wound up keeping the other one because we were busy plus had a late lunch.  You totally lose track of time on board & you don't keep to the same schedule as at home.

I am still trying to get my sleep schedule back on track it was such a loooong week at work!