Strategies for water park: CocoCay

Just noted that when we are in CoCoCay on the Indy (arriving at 7 AM, departing 7 PM).  Symphony will also be there from 10 AM to 7 pm.  Thus I anticipate it will be quite crowded on CocoCay that day.

While my kids, who will be the ones wanting to access the water park, want to sleep in, I hear that early in the morning and later in the afternoon will be the best times to do the slides with less rides.  With Symphony there as well, I'm thinking we will need to plan accordingly.

With pass to the water park, do they allow in and out privileges such that we could access the water park in the morning, then go back to the ship, and then go back out to the water park later in the day (say around 3-4 pm?)

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on whether you buy the half-day pass or the full day pass.

You can come and go from the water park, but upon re-entry your seas pass will be scanned.  If you only bought a morning pass, you will not be allowed entry in the afternoon.

That being said, 1/2 day passes disappeared from my cruise planner, I'm not sure if they sold out or if they removed them as an option.

They scan your pass when you exit the water park and rescan when you reenter.  We only did it once, but I'm sure you could come and go. 

Be one of the first off the ship.  Worked well for us at the beginning of the month, although by 10ish there were already lines.  Storms closed the park in the afternoon and some never even got to ride the slides, so I was glad we were up and out EARLY.  Enjoy!

Yes, you get in and out privileges. We went in and out multiple times throughout the day. When we were there this past week, lines weren’t too bad. They had a system similar to Disney fast passes for the biggest slide (daredevil’s peak). We got there around 10am and the passes were already fully distributed, so we couldn’t get one. At 2:00 they opened the line to anyone without passes. We gathered around at about 1:45 and were maybe 15th in line and didn’t have to wait long. And at the end of the day the line was practically non existent. Just be prepared for A LOT of steps! The employee told me it was 234 steps to the top for the big slide! Have fun - it was a great time!

7 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

That being said, 1/2 day passes disappeared from my cruise planner, I'm not sure if they sold out or if they removed them as an option.

Half day passes no longer being sold for any cruise. I heard it was too hard to enforce so they canned it. I think RCI sees more revenue by only selling full day passes. I hope it backfires in them as it is currently $115 CAD pp for my spring family cruise.... won’t be buying at that price for my three kids.

16 hours ago, biomedbob said:

If there is a weather issue.....is there any refund?

Yes, we received half back for our day there.  I understand others received their full excursion price back.  Not sure why that was...maybe they didn't get to use the park at all?