Dress Code Redux

freddie

33 minutes ago, Chairsin said:

To answer your question - yes, on holiday cruises (even on the one I did in the Caribbean) people dress up a bit more on formal optional nights. Certainly a dress as you describe would not be out of place. In fact even on non holiday cruises I usually  wear a long gown on many of the formal evenings. My DH usually wears a white dinner jacket. Most peephole will not be formally dressed  but that shouldn’t stop you and you won’t be the only one.  

Thanks for your response, that helps!  It's nice to have the chance to dress up so I will plan on it even if I will be in the minority :)   

Just adding my two cents. My wife and I have been on two SB cruises, one in the Mediterranean , 2016 and one in the Caribbean, 2018. On both cruises,  I wore a suit or jacket (with a tie & pants 🙂 ) each night for dinner. My wife wore a dress each night.  We celebrated our 30th anniversary on the Med cruise so I wore a tux on that night.  On the formal night I finally got the chance to wear my white dinner jacket.  There were actually three of us who were wearing white jackets, we looked like a James Bond villains convention. The Caribbean cruise was a holiday cruise and there were a number of us gents in tuxes on NYE's.  My wife either wore a cocktail dress or long gown for the formal nights.

My wife and I never felt out of place by dressing up nor did it concern us what others wore.  

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will look wonderful.

8 hours ago, dbackus said:

Just adding my two cents. My wife and I have been on two SB cruises, one in the Mediterranean , 2016 and one in the Caribbean, 2018. On both cruises,  I wore a suit or jacket (with a tie & pants 🙂 ) each night for dinner. My wife wore a dress each night.  We celebrated our 30th anniversary on the Med cruise so I wore a tux on that night.  On the formal night I finally got the chance to wear my white dinner jacket.  There were actually three of us who were wearing white jackets, we looked like a James Bond villains convention. The Caribbean cruise was a holiday cruise and there were a number of us gents in tuxes on NYE's.  My wife either wore a cocktail dress or long gown for the formal nights.

My wife and I never felt out of place by dressing up nor did it concern us what others wore.  

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will look wonderful.

The whole point is not to feel out of place no matter what you wear as long as you stick with the suggested code. White tie or white jeans....up to you.