will my scooter fit through the door

molsonschooner

Accessible cabins on Liberty have door widths of 28 inches. I would expect a width of about 24 inches on a standard stateroom.

as far as crowding the stateroom- it depends a bit on the size of the stateroom- there are several different sizes and configurations. Regardless, I would expect it to be a pretty tight fit.

4 minutes ago, FOPMan said:

Accessible cabins on Liberty have door widths of 28 inches. I would expect a width of about 24 inches on a standard stateroom.

as far as crowding the stateroom- it depends a bit on the size of the stateroom- there are several different sizes and configurations. Regardless, I would expect it to be a pretty tight fit.

thanks

And unless your cabin has the bed by the balcony, you will not get it into the cabin at all. If it’s not one of the larger scooters, it should fit through the door without having to remove the arms. 

I would contact special needs group and specifically ask.(special_needs@rccl.com). Hallways should be wide enough to turn. Most scooters will fit through the door of a regular cabin... except the ones for bariatric (500lbs)... those appear to require an accessible cabin. Other considerations: once scooter in cabin... can you get into the bathroom? For this reason, you should try to get a cabin with bed by the window... this should give you more room to move around. I have similar questions for older ships...like Empress of the Seas. Liberty is a reasonably newer class... although as I recall the elevators are not as large as newer class ships like Oasis. We rented our first scooter when we went on Harmony. Our issue was that this was a last minute decision and the bed was by the bath. Now it worked out okay because on Harmony the bathroom opens into the cabin and not towards the entry... so you could still park the scooter by the door..and get into the bathroom. you might look at the special needs at sea website...they have some info on accessiblity and can give you an idea on scooter dimensions...they offer three sizes ... regular, heavy (249lbs+) and bariatric about 500lbs... The first two fit most cabins... tight fit but if you are willing to work around it... it will say you the extra $ for a suite. We have also rented a scooter on Edge.. and that worked with bed by window. We will by trying Equinox in a few months... again we got a cabin with bed by window.  

For those out there with experience... can you fit a scooter... 22" wide x 45" long into a veranda cabin on Constillation? Do any of there veranda cabins have bed by window... so far from what I have seen it looks like they are all by the bed.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:44 PM, FOPMan said:

DH uses a small scooter and has been in both accessible rooms and standard.  Standard rooms are 22 inch width, his scooter is a GOGO which is only 20 inch wide

Edited by dmndlil

On 8/17/2019 at 1:56 PM, Essiesmom said:

Celebrity M class all have the bed by the bath.  No alternation of bed placement.  

enhance

enhance

enhance

Unless they have added outlets with the 'revolution' all are by the balcony wall.  EM

We were on the Summit in June and even my travel companions standard scooter would not have fit in the cabin without blocking the bathroom door - it was an extremely small cabin and the "sofa" was next to the verandah with not enough room at the bottom of the bed to get the scooter over to that side of the cabin.

You ought to try fitting a 100lb Service Dog and a Walker into a veranda cabin onboard a Princess ship.......it's so crowded in every way.  And, my Service Dog loves his own bed, so I shlep a roll-up cushy bed for him and if we want to go outside on the veranda we have to maneuver our way around him on the floor and I leave my walker outside in the hall.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

On 9/3/2019 at 1:01 AM, wizard-of-roz said:

You ought to try fitting a 100lb Service Dog and a Walker into a veranda cabin onboard a Princess ship.......it's so crowded in every way.  And, my Service Dog loves his own bed, so I shlep a roll-up cushy bed for him and if we want to go outside on the veranda we have to maneuver our way around him on the floor and I leave my walker outside in the hall.

You are joking about leaving your walker in the corridor, right?