Pig island excursion from Cocokay?

tkline

We are planning to visit the Bahamas and the #1 thing we want to do is see the swimming pigs. I read an old blog post saying there was an excursion from Cocokay. Does anyone know if RCL still offers that? I tried looking through the excursions on their site, but didn't see it 

1 hour ago, tkline said:

We are planning to visit the Bahamas and the #1 thing we want to do is see the swimming pigs. I read an old blog post saying there was an excursion from Cocokay. Does anyone know if RCL still offers that? I tried looking through the excursions on their site, but didn't see it 

Yes...I'm seeing it offered in the cruise planner for my May 2020 cruise stop in CocoCay.

What's cruel about it?

We were hoping it was the real pig island, don't know if we want to go to some fake one they made to cash in. I was wondering about this one, because on google maps the real island looks far away. I did find some private excursions leaving from Nassau, but it's an 8+ hour excursion and we were afraid if we did that it would be risky trying to get back to the ship on time. So is this like a pig petting zoo that rcl built themselves?

We did find this one on Norwegian

https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/FPO_04/Swim-with-the-Pigs ?destination=Bahamas+%26+Florida+Cruises&sort=searchWeight&sortOrder=asc&perPage=12

But we like RCL and Celebrity

oh, that sucks 😞 But, I thought the ones on the real pig island were natural or at least no one knows how they got there, and they live on their own in the wild? But I doubt that stops tourists from feeding them every day

3 minutes ago, tkline said:

oh, that sucks 😞 But, I thought the ones on the real pig island were natural or at least no one knows how they got there, and they live on their own in the wild? But I doubt that stops tourists from feeding them every day

That's true about the ones on the real pig island.  But Coco Cay is not the real pig island.

There's a lot of other articles written about it, if you're interested.