NEW Promotion?

terrysko2000

5 minutes ago, terrysko2000 said:

Any info on when the next promo will come out. I want to book soon but don’t want to miss a deal. Lol! Looking at a cruise for Feb. 2020. 3 for free? Not sure if it’s next or not. 

3FF should begin Wed after Labor Day.  But you can book now and secure cabin with a non-refundable deposit option and then see if 3FF is a better deal next month and re-fare to it.  That said, 3FF is not going to apply to a Feb 2020 cruise as that is too close in time.  These main promos are always more forward looking than that.  You may find other non-refundable promos occur if they want to move cabins.  

4 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

3FF should begin Wed after Labor Day.  But you can book now and secure cabin with a non-refundable deposit option and then see if 3FF is a better deal next month and re-fare to it.  That said, 3FF is not going to apply to a Feb 2020 cruise as that is too close in time.  These main promos are always more forward looking than that.  You may find other non-refundable promos occur if they want to move cabins.  

I think you might mean book with a refundable deposit.😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3FF is next but I find waiting is better than any promo for cost savings.  Did the Star Princess in April/May this year round trip San Pedro 12 night Alaska for 1710.00 ocean view for both people. (yes we got to choose the cabin).  In fact of our 5 cruises in 2019 not a one of them was booked more than 8 days prior to sailaway.  Haven't seen a promo that saves more dollars for us than late bookings.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Eeegads, the typo gremlin got me.  Of course, book now with a REFUNDABLE deposit and then look to re-fare if any better deal comes along prior to FP date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, finishedover30cruises said:

3FF is next but I find waiting is better than any promo for cost savings.  Did the Star Princess in April/May this year round trip San Pedro 12 night Alaska for 1710.00 ocean view for both people. (yes we got to choose the cabin).  In fact of our 5 cruises in 2019 not a one of them was booked more than 8 days prior to sailaway.  Haven't seen a promo that saves more dollars for us than late bookings.

Finally someone who understands that Princess Promo's are scams.  If you add up what the so called freebee's cost you will find out that you are paying considerably more than normal pricing.  I wouldn't wait 8 days before sailaway but certainly within 30 to 35  days works most of the time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, finishedover30cruises said:

Do you factor in the higher airfare cost for total trip cost, because booking within a week or two of sailing isn't generally going to get you the best airfare rates.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Do you factor in the higher airfare cost for total trip cost, because booking within a week or two of sailing isn't generally going to get you the best airfare rates.

We are very fortunate that our next door neighbors are both pilots and own their own aircraft.  They always cruise with us and we pay for part of the fuel and the hangar or tie down space at the destinations. Hopefully they will NEVER sell their home LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks all! I think I will just book. It’s a decent price already and the ship is filling up. I should have booked under the free beverage pkg as the price only went down $300. I can easily drink that, Lol. We live 200 miles from the nearest airport so waiting until the last minute is not cost effective for us. The last time I booked 3 months out it doubled the airfare to FLL. 

54 minutes ago, Pstcrik said:

Finally someone who understands that Princess Promo's are scams.  If you add up what the so called freebee's cost you will find out that you are paying considerably more than normal pricing.  I wouldn't wait 8 days before sailaway but certainly within 30 to 35  days works most of the time.

Agree with you. These promos and non refundable deposits are not for me.

If there was a cruise I really wanted to be on in a certain cabin and a certain date, I would go ahead in book far in advance, then watch for price drops. Lately though, I'm finding Princess pricing quite a bit higher then comparable cruises on other lines, so am trying some other cruise lines. Holland America is next.

52 minutes ago, Pstcrik said:

I have found that not to be true is some specific cases such as when I wanted a specific suite or a specific cruise tour date.  I saved hundreds of dollars by booking under the launch savings and then re-faring under both the Sip & Sail and 3 for Free promos.  Suites often sell out well before 30 days of sailing.  Land tour part of cruise tours fill up before the ship part.

Each person's specific situation as to cabin preference, sailing date, itinerary, need for air travel must be considered in determining the most economical time to book a cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

You mentioned that it won't apply for Feb cruises.  In the past it has.  I've actually been fortunate enough to save with that promotion.  So there still is some hope.  Still, it seems that lately, Princess sales have typically zeroed out..except that if one isn't going to use the included perks (drinks, OBC or whatever) one sale may be better suited for an individual vs another.

2 hours ago, finishedover30cruises said:

I assume you don’t fly to your cruise. The savings on the cruise would be wiped out by air fares

• Like 2

2 hours ago, finishedover30cruises said:

We are very fortunate that our next door neighbors are both pilots and own their own aircraft.  They always cruise with us and we pay for part of the fuel and the hangar or tie down space at the destinations. Hopefully they will NEVER sell their home LOL.

With NetJets we need not  concern ourselves with all that cost-sharing

Edited by pms4104

47 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

You mentioned that it won't apply for Feb cruises.  In the past it has.  I've actually been fortunate enough to save with that promotion.  So there still is some hope.  Still, it seems that lately, Princess sales have typically zeroed out..except that if one isn't going to use the included perks (drinks, OBC or whatever) one sale may be better suited for an individual vs another.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought I recall that these promos are for cruises more in the future and that I also read this.  I could be wrong, but I do believe I will be correct.  Last year's 3FF covered Summer 2019 thru Spring 2020.  Projecting one year forward, it means this September's (2019) sale will cover from Summer 2020 thru Spring 2021, therefore not including Feb 2020.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pstcrik said:

How is it a scam if your cruise is refundable?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pstcrik said:

I guess I pick non-Caribbean popular itineraries because if I waited until a month or so out I would be paying more, IF my stateroom category I book is even still available!  Yes, I book as soon as opens, and then watch diligently from then on.  I usually refare or rebook my cruises at least 3-5 times before actually sailing and save a lot and end up with freebies and where the cost of my cabin itself is less than what it is going for close to the cruise.  I have gotten all the freebies and my cabin price has been great.  But you do have to do your due diligence.  You can't just book and leave it at that.  And since I will have been watching the pricing since day one, I know if I am getting a "freebie" or not.  Much work but it is fun.

Pooh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In one case we could have booked last minute and saved,  but most of our cruises, the ship was all but sold out, and there were no decent cabins left.   Airfare is also a big issue for those of us that have to fly.   Need to book that when one sees any lower prices, not last minute.

We could have cancelled at the last minute before final payment for Alaska, and booked the same, or very similar, cabin for less at Drop and Go.   But, of course, there are no guarantees on that kind of thing.  There are only a limited number of the unique cabin we had booked, so we didn't want to risk losing it.

This kind of thing def. can depend on the itinerary and how much demand and early booking there is.

Can those looking at booking assume that the current so-called promo  (Sun Drenched) will be the last promo that is applicable for more close upcoming cruises???  

Edited by Wishing on a star

I would just like to see a reasonable cruise price from the beginning. I do not want the free drinks, free gratuities etc. that I see offered with higher prices and non refundable deposits, more frequently now. I too have booked many cruises I really wanted to take when they first open up and watch prices every couple of weeks for a price drop. I just don't care to keep this up, so I am looking to other cruise lines now for comparable cruises with better prices.

On 8/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, dog said:

I would just like to see a reasonable cruise price from the beginning. I do not want the free drinks, free gratuities etc. that I see offered with higher prices and non refundable deposits, more frequently now. I too have booked many cruises I really wanted to take when they first open up and watch prices every couple of weeks for a price drop. I just don't care to keep this up, so I am looking to other cruise lines now for comparable cruises with better prices.

I have never rebooked to get free OBC and gratuities (averaging for me $150ppOBC and $132pp gratuities) where the price of my cabin was higher, and sometimes even lower!  My deposits have always been refundable.  I guess one just has to do their due diligence as I said before.  A reasonable cruise price is very subjective anymore.  But whenever I first book a cruise I am willing to pay that price for what I will be getting.  Then I wait for sales to start appearing and have always lowered my initial booking price and gotten the freebies too.  Case in point is our next 24 day cruise.  After rebooking/refaring 5 times I saved over $3000 pp.  I feel sorry for those who book early and then do nothing but take the cruise!  And yes, I like doing this.  Fun being my own TA.  I recently did a Disney cruise which is expensive to begin with and the only thing I could do was book when they first opened up the itinerary and also got 2 for 1 deposit.  Otherwise, nothing.  Another thing you might want to do is join the roll call early on.  I know I go in and advise people when I have seen a price drop or something like that so they can catch it too.

My experience with RCCL, HAL, Celebrity, is that they don't do the price drops like Princess and might initially cost less than Princess, but by the cruise, Princess, for me, has always been less expensive.

Pooh

On 8/10/2019 at 2:38 PM, Redwing55 said:

Dear Redwing55,

Asking an ASTA Travel Agent will benefit you well.

Kinda like your breed, I think it is a Soft Coated Wheatn Terrier. We showed and bre them. At AKC shows (Breed) when the attorney for the AKC shoed hers we did not as you may well know it is what is holding the leash a lot in the AKC and UKC shows..

How many people say Northville, and the Bloomfields are not accredited well?