NEW Promotion?

terrysko2000

On 8/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, antsp said:

I wish I had a neighbor who fly me to Europe or the USA and back. I guess I’ll stick to flying commercial 

On air cost having people going/coming where you all are to fill a aircraft is a lot lower in private !

Going eg: from here next to USMA West Point, Orange county, NY is one of the lowest costs on an airline owned by people from Norway..

On 8/15/2019 at 8:38 PM, PoohUnderstands said:

I have never rebooked to get free OBC and gratuities (averaging for me $150ppOBC and $132pp gratuities) where the price of my cabin was higher, and sometimes even lower!  My deposits have always been refundable.  I guess one just has to do their due diligence as I said before.  A reasonable cruise price is very subjective anymore.  But whenever I first book a cruise I am willing to pay that price for what I will be getting.  Then I wait for sales to start appearing and have always lowered my initial booking price and gotten the freebies too.  Case in point is our next 24 day cruise.  After rebooking/refaring 5 times I saved over $3000 pp.  I feel sorry for those who book early and then do nothing but take the cruise!  And yes, I like doing this.  Fun being my own TA.  I recently did a Disney cruise which is expensive to begin with and the only thing I could do was book when they first opened up the itinerary and also got 2 for 1 deposit.  Otherwise, nothing.  Another thing you might want to do is join the roll call early on.  I know I go in and advise people when I have seen a price drop or something like that so they can catch it too.

My experience with RCCL, HAL, Celebrity, is that they don't do the price drops like Princess and might initially cost less than Princess, but by the cruise, Princess, for me, has always been less expensive.

Pooh

Happy for you!

I have done the same and saved a lot over my 15 + years of cruising Princess. Now, I've started looking more closely at other lines: Holland America, Celebrity, & Royal for comparable cruises and am finding better pricing & with Holland an option for non refundable or refundable booking online. . I'd prefer to stay with Princess since I am one cruise away from elite, but I will not book with a nonrefundable deposit. (just my preference), and another annoying thing lately is the process to transfer my booking to my TA with just a phone call.( I know this does not bother others, but I see no need for these 2 changes in the booking process.

Edited by dog

20 hours ago, AAAAmerican said:

Dear Redwing55,

Asking an ASTA Travel Agent will benefit you well.

Kinda like your breed, I think it is a Soft Coated Wheatn Terrier. We showed and bre them. At AKC shows (Breed) when the attorney for the AKC shoed hers we did not as you may well know it is what is holding the leash a lot in the AKC and UKC shows..

How many people say Northville, and the Bloomfields are not accredited well?

She is indeed a Wheatie!   Not sure what you mean with the rest of your post though.  Wheaties are IMO a jovial breed though.☺️

5 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

She is indeed a Wheatie!   Not sure what you mean with the rest of your post though.  Wheaties are IMO a jovial breed though.☺️

Dear Redwing55,

It is one of the Best Breeds IMHO too.

We showed in BREED as well OBEDIENCE them. In BREED the attorney for the AKC had this breed too. So yes zan UnFair advantgage was hers...

On your Mi. location i was entering a LOL as my kin was from there his two sons still reside.

Have you looked and researched our newest winner yet? A Logotto Romanolol.

They date from Cleopatra, Julius Ceasar, and Marc Anthony. This is where all poodese come from..

This BTW is our highest HIT dog too.

Edited by AAAAmerican
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, dog said:

I would just like to see a reasonable cruise price from the beginning. I do not want the free drinks, free gratuities etc. that I see offered with higher prices and non refundable deposits, more frequently now. I too have booked many cruises I really wanted to take when they first open up and watch prices every couple of weeks for a price drop. I just don't care to keep this up, so I am looking to other cruise lines now for comparable cruises with better prices.

That was one of the reasons that I left Princess and tried other lines. However what I am finding out is that they are all the same when it comes to  pricing. I also find that Princess pricing comes down closer to the sailing date but by that time I'm committed on another line. I now calculate the cost per day taking into consideration flying to port any drink packages or other amenities that are thrown in at the time. I thought I found  a good deal for a Bermuda cruise on NCL. They were offering drinks, internet, specialty restaurants and money towards excursions. The catch was that you pay a service charge up front for the drink package and restaurants as a gratuity plus the regular daily gratuity for the rest of the staff. When all was said and done it would have been the most expensive cruise that I have ever booked. It just wasn't worth it. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean win over Princess because they have ships in the northeast and saving on flights is a large part of the expense. Everyone claims that Carnival and NCL are so inexpensive. Perhaps they are in Florida but out of NY they are just as expensive.

18 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That was one of the reasons that I left Princess and tried other lines. However what I am finding out is that they are all the same when it comes to  pricing. I also find that Princess pricing comes down closer to the sailing date but by that time I'm committed on another line. I now calculate the cost per day taking into consideration flying to port any drink packages or other amenities that are thrown in at the time. I thought I found  a good deal for a Bermuda cruise on NCL. They were offering drinks, internet, specialty restaurants and money towards excursions. The catch was that you pay a service charge up front for the drink package and restaurants as a gratuity plus the regular daily gratuity for the rest of the staff. When all was said and done it would have been the most expensive cruise that I have ever booked. It just wasn't worth it. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean win over Princess because they have ships in the northeast and saving on flights is a large part of the expense. Everyone claims that Carnival and NCL are so inexpensive. Perhaps they are in Florida but out of NY they are just as expensive.

Dear iamcruzin,

We have been  on a lot of ships /\ lines. Each does have attributes too.

Cost basis is important. As you have seen NY City has gotten so , IMHO, GREEDY.

Even across the North River in New Jersey the costs are so so much lower and the benefits more.

Marty I praise all the time as he converted the SALT Pier (Pier12) and finally Red Hook has a Ferrry next to it.. no subway still./.\ He sure made a lot of Hookers.. Red Hookers..

Yes on NCL they do have adverts on radio /TV .. FREE FREE Free but nothing is ever free when your paying the fares.. the service charges are really absurd on that (Nickle and Dime Line).

Ever notice they have the Highest Bottled Water charges and add a gratuity to it even for Cabin Deliveries.

They got caught in Bermuda before charging Three Port Fees when Bermuda even if in all three ports only charges ONE Fee!@

We last month had a great deal from Town on a Old , New named ,  Carnival ship to Bermuda (Somers Isles).  SHe was like an Old Maid with a new dress..Coming off her with more money than spent too.

Do you use a Professional  ASTA Travel Agent as we do always?

Seeing you do your comparisons well is refreshing!

Edited by AAAAmerican