Honolulu from 7am to 11pm the next night....

canadarocks

I'm excited to get to visit Honolulu from 7am on a Sunday in March until 11pm on Monday the next day. With such a lovely long time frame I feel no need to book ship tours while we're there. We were in Oahu quite a few years ago and we visited Wakiki Beach, did a Luau (but I have no idea which one), and did the whole Pearl Harbor tour. I would really appreciate any suggestions about what to see and do this time. No catamarans and whale watches though, as DH has some mobility challenges. And we don't want to rent a car.

But we do want to see more of the island and to definitely enjoy an evening off of the ship.

I've read Germaine's Luau isn't the best, so are there others that you would recommend? Or  perhaps a nice sunset dinner somewhere? The Polynesian Cultural Center gets mixed reviews and it's closed on Sundays, so perhaps not a good option anyway. 

I'm looking for suggestions for private tours and/or evening activities I guess. Thanks in advance!

Maybe a tour of the north shore? You can also look into a resort pass. A tour on day one snd a relaxing day at the beach day 2 sounds like heaven to me! What ship and itinerary is this? 

You could possibly do PCC and the dinner show day 2 maybe? 

A couple things I love to do are...a tour of the Iolani Palace in Honolulu, and a visit to the Doris Duke home, Shangri La, at Black Rock.  The Shangri La tour is done through the Honolulu Museum of Art.  You need reservations and they take you in a van to Black Rock for the tour and then back to the museum.  There is a great open air restaurant at the museum.  It is also a good idea to make reservations for the tour at the Iolani Palace, is can be totally booked.  And, as you did before, some good beach time.  Evening music and drinks on the Banyan Court at the Moana Surfrider is a must for us.  Have fun,  Cherie 

We have that same time frame coming up in October! Just booked guided "Circle Island Tour" from Hawaii Jeep Tours for hubby & I.  The points that led me to booking: we can both take in all the sights as the local guide drives/narrates for 6 hours, it hits the places we are interested in seeing, some customizing is possible, pick-up at port terminal, price, reviews on well known trip review site. This is our first time to the islands and we want to take in all that we can with a minimum amount of stress.

• 2 weeks later...