Restaurant recommendations Manhatten

capegirl

Ooh! Great thread... I hope it does not get moved by the mods! 

I am going into Manhattan in the middle of my back to back to have a special brunch for my 40th before a little shopping and back on the ship, so keen for ideas of places to go! 

🙂

4 hours ago, CateW said:

There are so many deli's, you won't have any problem finding a place for breakfast.  For dinner, if you fancy Asian, I love this place:  http://www.taorestaurant.com/.   

We love Peking duck house on 53rd but prefer the original location in Chinatown where we used to see nyc mayor Koch frequently. 

12 hours ago, T5LHR said:

Ooh! Great thread... I hope it does not get moved by the mods! 

I am going into Manhattan in the middle of my back to back to have a special brunch for my 40th before a little shopping and back on the ship, so keen for ideas of places to go! 

🙂

I'm guessing the thread got moved to the East Coast Departures board where it belongs, but I'm curious, where was it originally?

I've been to these restaurants many times.

-Midtown Restaurant - 155 East 55th St.(between Lexington and Third Avenues)- Basic diner type restaurant with extensive menu.  Excellent value. 

-Paname - https://panamenyc.com/ - French bistro with excellent food. 1068 2nd Avenue (near E. 56th St.) - Variety of prix fix options for brunch, lunch and dinner.

Enjoy!

On 8/11/2019 at 5:51 AM, capegirl said:

We are staying between 56th & 57th Lexington Avenue - any recommendations for breakfast and dinner around that area please?

dinner: Patsy's pizzeria on 60th st between 2nd and 3rd aves. and desert serendipity III on the same block

https://www.patsyspizzerianyc.com/patsys-60th

https://serendipity3.com/

9 hours ago, George C said:

Interesting there is another patsy Italian which was one of Sinatra favorites on 56st close to broadway , I had better Italian food but great history, they sell there sauce in. Some supermarkets 

My friend and I will be in NY pre-cruise in September and I made reservations for us at Patsy’s.   The TripAdvisor reviews are very good and I love reading the history.  I hope it is a good choice for us!  

1 hour ago, antmaril said:

My friend and I will be in NY pre-cruise in September and I made reservations for us at Patsy’s.   The TripAdvisor reviews are very good and I love reading the history.  I hope it is a good choice for us!  

Our favorite restaurant for Italian is Becco on 46th , but Patsy is very interesting, good food , owner came up and introduced himself and gave us a pint of there pasta sauce. We did see a couple of guys upstairs that looked like they were extras from godfather movie 😁

32 minutes ago, George C said:

Our favorite restaurant for Italian is Becco on 46th , but Patsy is very interesting, good food , owner came up and introduced himself and gave us a pint of there pasta sauce. We did see a couple of guys upstairs that looked like they were extras from godfather movie 😁

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, George C said:

Have you ever been to Frankie and Johnnies Steakhouse On W.46 St.It opened in 1926 but I was never there.Friends of ours suggested it as a pre theater place to dine.

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have you ever been to Frankie and Johnnies Steakhouse On W.46 St.It opened in 1926 but I was never there.Friends of ours suggested it as a pre theater place to dine.

I walked in there and looked at menu years ago, but never eaten there .