Dress to Impress / Captains Night - format?

For various reasons we didnt partake in the Captains night on our first cruise on Dream back in March, however we are on D2 in September and will be "embracing" it, though it seems to now be Dress to Impress? 🙂

Thanks in advance 🙂

Edited by pgilc1

1 minute ago, Pensioncruiser said:

The set up is a little different to the Dream it's just a general meet in the Atrium, or it was, for photos if you wish but you can go directly into the MDR if you wish for an early meal. Just 34 days now. 😊

I've a tux and my wife was for bringing an evening dress but it seems to have been diluted down that much now its not worth bothering.

Are you on the same cruise as us?  We depart on D2, 14th Sept

Yes we are can't wait, lots of talk about what to wear, for us it's always formal tux for me evening dress for Mrs PC but that's just us go with whatever you are most comfortable in, it is your holiday. It's a great ship if you haven't been on her before, different from the Dream. 😎 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Yes we are can't wait, lots of talk about what to wear, for us it's always formal tux for me evening dress for Mrs PC but that's just us go with whatever you are most comfortable in, it is your holiday. It's a great ship if you haven't been on her before, different from the Dream. 😎 

Yeah, we've been talking about it here - I've the tux, my wife has a new dress she's bought, we've a travel suit carrier and we've already upgraded the luggage allowance so we're going to glam up and go for it. 😎

We are just back from two weeks on D2 in the Med. We had two very different weeks. Hubby took tux teens took suits and me long dress, week one we were in the minority but the second week was a complete change and far more dressed impress.

Even dining changed......week one we just strolled in 47 or Gallery 47 when we wanted.....week 2 they were both much busier and pagers were in use. 

Celebration and Dream are considered by Marella to be their traditional ships so formal nights aboard are a little more formal. Dress to Impress on the Discoveries and Explorers is just that, chinos and a fancy shirt for me. Marella is following the money and have decided that imposing a formal dress code will reduce bookings

Not sure that Dress to Impress/Formal Night one night a week would effect bookings, not when there are alternative dining options available, you have to agree that sat next to someone in vest top and shorts is not acceptable, when you are in tux and wife in evening dress, long trousers and collared shirt are certainly acceptable. Let's not let standards fall too low.