Laundry

rayandbelle

8 minutes ago, rayandbelle said:

Hi there

Just a quick question when you reach Elite you get free Laundry is that a one time thing

or if you are on a long cruise can you use it multiple times

Cheers Ray

There’s no limit to how much laundry you have done...we usually send in clothing every 3-4 days.  Sometimes on the larger Royal-class ships it takes longer...up to about 72 hours.

Edited by Astro Flyer

3 minutes ago, rayandbelle said:

Hi there

Just a quick question when you reach Elite you get free Laundry is that a one time thing

or if you are on a long cruise can you use it multiple times

Cheers Ray

You can use it as much as you want. No charge 😁 The only thing is if there’s a lot of Elite passengers it takes a longer time before you get it back. ☹️

Tony

We sent our out every morning.  This way we never have to with out clean clothes.  We just ask for extra bags on the first day of the cruise. Fill it out each day.  Some one else on CC once said to take a picture of you laundry list and clothing that you are sending.  Just in case something goes missing.  I have never lost anything.  but on time I got someone else laundry back and they got mine.  East fix.

The laundry service is a great perk of Elite and suites. We send ours out every morning and get it back that evening or the next morning. It really helps in packing knowing laundry is going to be done with little effort (just needing to fill out the ticket showing what clothing you are sending to be cleaned). 

1 hour ago, Debbdo said:

The laundry service is a great perk of Elite and suites. We send ours out every morning and get it back that evening or the next morning. It really helps in packing knowing laundry is going to be done with little effort (just needing to fill out the ticket showing what clothing you are sending to be cleaned). 

This post is a little misleading. This sounds like suite laundry - not Elite laundry. Suite laundry does usually come back the same day if picked up early enough.

However OP asked about Elite laundry. If you send it out in the morning, you are supposed to get it back the next evening (not that evening) and, as stated in a previous thread, it often takes longer if there are a lot of Elites onboard.

I used Elite laundry service once on Coral Princess recently and am very pleased with the service.  Clean clothes were returned the evening following the morning I gave the laundry bag to my Cabin Stewardess.  Very well done and nothing shrunk.

27 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

... And if very many are sending it in every day, that has to be a massive burden on the staff.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I  have to admit that daily laundry sounds like a stress on the system. We are elite and and have stayed in suites a few times, but always try to wait till there's 3 or 4 days' worth. Wouldn't people sending it out daily be an unnecessary strain?

Or should we don't worry, be happy, send laundry? (OK,  maybe I am picking a fight.)

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

Elite laundry is unlimited.  So far the last few years our laundry has been returned 72 hours later.  We send out laundry every 2 or 3 days.  Taking a picture of your laundry is a good idea and so far they have only lost a printed tshirt (from my alma mater :classic_sad: ).  They are hard on zippers as they have returned pants twice with the zipper pull missing.  Ever try to close a zipper with the pull missing?  The laundry is done in very hot water so be aware that some items you may want to think about sending.  My only complaint is that they insist on ironing my jeans which I do not like.  My partner views free laundry as a big plus and was looking forward to it as we neared elite status.  We usually go on cruises that are 10 to 28 days long so laundry is a must. 

Yes, once elite you can send as much as you want. I tend to not send many things, my husband packs very lightly and sends a lot in.  I don't like the HOT water and HOT dryer.  I mark all the tags as cold water only please, but unsure if they actually do that.  I still wash some things by hand myself or do a load on longer cruises. 

On 8/12/2019 at 7:44 PM, jasbo49 said:

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I  have to admit that daily laundry sounds like a stress on the system. We are elite and and have stayed in suites a few times, but always try to wait till there's 3 or 4 days' worth. Wouldn't people sending it out daily be an unnecessary strain?

Or should we don't worry, be happy, send laundry? (OK,  maybe I am picking a fight.)

Jim

We sent ours out every day.  If I were to wait three days to send it out the over all amount would be the same amount of laundry, as if I send it all at once or a little each day.  My clothing does not taking up a whole machine.  It is washed with other PAX clothing.

Sending smaller amounts each day means less  on that day.  Sending three days or four days out at once means more work that day.  Either way the same amount of work is being done, it is all at once or a little each day.

Two people send out combined four pieces per day or two people send out 12 pieces every three days.  It is the same, but on day three the load is three times as much. Now picture how much 100 PAX send out three or four days of laundry on the same day amounts too.

Are you picking a fight?  No way, we  just a different way of doing laundry.😀

This reminds me, I have laundry in the dryer.  Got to go!!

👔👕👖🧦👘👙🧦