Airport Transfers in Bergen

franski

Hi -

We are booked on a RT coastal voyage in early October - going in to Bergen 2 days early.  I am trying to figure out the best way to get from the airport to our hotel (in the Bryggen area...)

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Taxi service or private transfers (we are a party of 4) look expensive (close to $150 CAD).  Is that the best we can hope for?

Fran

If you can walk about 10 minutes with your luggage then indeed bus or light rail would work. I think the airport bus will get you closer, but maybe more expensive than the light rail. Or maybe check with Hurtigruten if they would agree to let you use their shuttle bus (if they still run it) even 2 days before your trip, but I'm not sure it will stop in the city center, it may go directly to the terminal.

Thanks - the light rail or airport bus looks like the best bet.

Was looking at the Bergen card - as that would get us on the light rail for free.  Is it worth buying?  Not sure if it gets us much other than the transportation.

Fran

The light rail s NOK 38 from the airport - the value og the Bergen Card really depend on you plans for the day - 20% on many attractions.

I you chose to buy the ticket for the light rail you must  buy the ticket either at a ticket machine or Skyss App - I’ll recommenced to Use the app.Very convenient 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there is a bus from the airport to town It has several stops in town and driver will let you know the nearest to your hotel.

Dont know if you have booked a hotel yet. We stayed in the Strand which was centrally placed overlooking the harbour and fishmarket

6 hours ago, Vipa39 said:

I believe there is a bus from the airport to town It has several stops in town and driver will let you know the nearest to your hotel.

Dont know if you have booked a hotel yet. We stayed in the Strand which was centrally placed overlooking the harbour and fishmarket

We stayed in City Box and loved it!  We'll stay at their one in Oslo next years.

https://citybox.no/en/frontpage/

Thanks, everyone...  Am leaning towards the bus - found that a great way to travel to & from the airport when we were in Peru.

We have a hotel booked - the First Hotel Bergen Marin.  Very centrally located in Bryggen - so feel we can explore easily on foot while we are there.  We should also be able to walk to the terminal to board the boat.

https://www.firsthotels.com/hotels/norway/bergen/first-hotel-bergen-marin/

We leave 5 weeks tomorrow!!

Fran

7 hours ago, franski said:

We should also be able to walk to the terminal to board the boat.

Yes, its 20 minutes (1.5 km) walk - just check the map - the route is not easy to navigate.

We were at the terminal 4 pm - very long queue.

Enjoy your voyage

7 hours ago, hallasm said:

Yes, its 20 minutes (1.5 km) walk - just check the map - the route is not easy to navigate.

We were at the terminal 4 pm - very long queue.

Enjoy your voyage

Thanks for the heads up...  will make sure I ask for a map before we leave the hotel.

Although, may take a stroll down to the terminal before we board (we are in Bergen a couple of days early...) to scout out the route.   You mention a long line up at 4...  What would be the best time to arrive at the terminal in your experience?

Fran

5 hours ago, franski said:

What would be the best time to arrive at the terminal in your experience?

It’s a good idea to check the route - actually easier to navigate from terminal to hotel than the other way.

cabins available from 6pm - no reason for being there much earlier.

Also heads up for dinner the first night

Open seating for dinner buffet from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. Long queue for the restaurant until 8:30 pm - when we finally got a table the plates at the buffet were almost empty and staff did start to clan the buffet

On 8/25/2019 at 12:29 PM, hallasm said:

It’s a good idea to check the route - actually easier to navigate from terminal to hotel than the other way.

cabins available from 6pm - no reason for being there much earlier.

Also heads up for dinner the first night

Open seating for dinner buffet from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. Long queue for the restaurant until 8:30 pm - when we finally got a table the plates at the buffet were almost empty and staff did start to clan the buffet

I had to chuckle over the long lines comments 🙂  We were on the Lofoten and it only carries about 100 pax.  No lines 🙂

30 minutes ago, clo said:

I had to chuckle over the long lines comments 🙂  We were on the Lofoten and it only carries about 100 pax.  No lines 🙂

Thank you - true - my comment regarding lines and first night dinner might apply to the  the bigger ships.

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

Thank you - true - my comment regarding lines and first night dinner might apply to the  the bigger ships.

We loved everything about her so much that's who we're sailing on next spring also.

Did I ever post this?  That's the captain on the far left. And what's the officer in charge  of the food/dining/etc. called?  That's him on the right.  He was such a sweetheart.  I asked at one point if there was a tour of the galley.  He did one just for Bob and me saying "shh, don't tell anyone else." 🙂

IMG_6904 - Edited.jpg

Edited by clo