Bidding for an Upgrade

marshabear

We received   an email this morning for an opportunity to bid for an upgrade on our TA cruise on the Infinity in October. This is the first time we have been given this option but we went ahead and bid . How long before we will hear anything one way or another?   What are all of your experiences with this? We are currently happy with our original choice of cabins but an upgrade at a discounted price would be awesome! Thanks for any comments you can give us.

Marsha

You could be notified anytime from when you place the bid until 48 hours prior to sailing.   Usually I have heard that a bid was accepted at about 10 days prior to sailing.   When not accepted notified 48 hours prior to sail date.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Interesting as I was told a week ago by Celebrity that the bid info is sent out 30 days before the cruise.. meaning we receive the email which gives us the info on bidding . I must give them a call

You can also do it via manage your reservation 

2 hours ago, Highpeaklad said:

You can also do it via manage your reservation 

I check my Oct TA last night using the link on the web page and it says it is only within 30 days of the cruise. I also called again and was told only 30 days out

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I check my Oct TA last night using the link on the web page and it says it is only within 30 days of the cruise. I also called again and was told only 30 days out

I'd say at least 30 days out. We received our invitation to bid earlier than that 45-50 days before sailing.