27 Falls Cab from Port Seating Maximum

Fourkids4us

We are a group of 15(6 adults, 9 kids). We would like to do the Falls on our own but wanted to verify how many people can fit in the vehicles. In other ports I know they have cars and vans but was unsure what the maximum anyone recalls seeing would be. 

I noticed on another post someone said they took a 4 person car. I was hoping that wasn't the only option.

Thank you for any assistance.

We have a family of 5 and easily fit in a minivan last week. It looked like most of the vehicles they had were minivans so you should be fine splitting them up into 3 groups. Cost was $100 round trip.

You can only do a maximum of 12 waterfalls right now because it has been so dry. Still a great time and well worth doing. Taking a taxi is easy and will save you over using a tour company.

1 hour ago, djmckinn said:

We have a family of 5 and easily fit in a minivan last week. It looked like most of the vehicles they had were minivans so you should be fine splitting them up into 3 groups. Cost was $100 round trip.

You can only do a maximum of 12 waterfalls right now because it has been so dry. Still a great time and well worth doing. Taking a taxi is easy and will save you over using a tour company.

Thank you so much for this info. Cant wait to do it next week. 

4 hours ago, Fourkids4us said:

Thank you so much for this info. Cant wait to do it next week. 

Some other things to note:

- Some of us wore old tennis shoes and others water shoes. If you have water shoes that are comfortable to walk in, that is probably best. Tennis shoes work fine too, just not us great once they get soaked.

- Probably worth buying a bottle of water at the stand there to take on the hike up. Only $1 per bottle and you throw it away at the end of the hike and before the waterfalls

- The hike wasn't that bad if you are in any half way decent shape. They take their time to make sure everyone is keeping up.

- We got off the boat at 9:00 and were done and back at port around 12:30 so you have plenty of time to either hang out at the port pool or do something else before you get back. Was hoping to do all 27 waterfalls and we would have had time for sure, but the last 12 that were open were pretty good.

Hope you have a good trip.

On 8/19/2019 at 5:11 AM, djmckinn said:

May I ask how you went about the trip from start to finish? I had booked through a tour operator but I don't want to get stuck in a large group and spend a lot of time waiting/standing around. It's just me and my husband. 

Thank you!!

4 minutes ago, Garv816 said:

May I ask how you went about the trip from start to finish? I had booked through a tour operator but I don't want to get stuck in a large group and spend a lot of time waiting/standing around. It's just me and my husband. 

Thank you!!

From a cost standpoint, it may make sense to use a tour company for 2 people. I believe the taxi costs $50 each way regardless of the number of people. You could probably try to team up with others going to split the cost if you can find some others. There were some people that ended up in our group that used a tour operator for about $50/person including everything. So I don't think using a taxi or a non-cruise tour operator makes a difference as far as the group you are in.

Not sure exactly the details you are looking for, so let me know if you want to know anything else, but here is how it went for us:

- Got off the boat at 9:00 am walked over the taxi stand, said we wanted to go to the 27 waterfalls. Got assigned a driver and went on our way.

- About a 20 or 30 minute ride to the waterfalls.

- Left our stuff in the van, except for some money. Leave anything you don't want to lose or to get wet in the van. Driver takes you up to the window to pay for the trip. Only choice was 7 or 12 waterfalls that day. We did 12 for I believe $13 per person (what a deal that is!). You could pay extra for lunch but we declined.

- A guide was assigned and they help you pick out helmets and life jackets. Went to the concession stand a bought a bottle of water for everyone for $1/bottle for a decent size bottle. Had to wait maybe 10-15 minutes for others to join our group before we left. Had about 14 or 15 in the group by the time we left. They did a good job of letting us know why were waiting and what was going on so it wasn't an issue.

- Did the hike up. Didn't find the hike difficult but they went very slow to make sure everyone was fine and keeping up. One lady was struggling a bit so they made sure she was doing ok. Probably could have done the hike in 20 or 30 mins easily, but probably took 45 minutes. They have a place to dispose of the water bottles before going down in the water. There were other groups that were around, but just make sure you stay with your group which isn't hard.

- There was a guy taking pictures in the group. Just tell them if you are going to buy pictures or not and he will get pictures of you if you want for a fee.

- Jumping down the falls started. First jump I think was the highest - fun!! Some people opted for the ladder down, but if you've come this far seems like you should jump! Guides tell you what to do. Best if you keep your arms by your side - your instinct is to put them out, but that won't feel very good! There are a series of jumps, slides, and swims with walking in between.

- We encountered other groups (probably from the ship tour because there were a lot of them together). Just follow your guides.

- Got done about noon, was pretty well dried off by the time we walked back. Tipped the guides and got back in the taxi van.

- Driver offered to take us anywhere else, but opted to go back to the port. Got back around 12:30 and then paid the driver + tip.

13 minutes ago, djmckinn said:

From a cost standpoint, it may make sense to use a tour company for 2 people. I believe the taxi costs $50 each way regardless of the number of people. You could probably try to team up with others going to split the cost if you can find some others. There were some people that ended up in our group that used a tour operator for about $50/person including everything. So I don't think using a taxi or a non-cruise tour operator makes a difference as far as the group you are in.

Not sure exactly the details you are looking for, so let me know if you want to know anything else, but here is how it went for us:

- Got off the boat at 9:00 am walked over the taxi stand, said we wanted to go to the 27 waterfalls. Got assigned a driver and went on our way.

- About a 20 or 30 minute ride to the waterfalls.

- Left our stuff in the van, except for some money. Leave anything you don't want to lose or to get wet in the van. Driver takes you up to the window to pay for the trip. Only choice was 7 or 12 waterfalls that day. We did 12 for I believe $13 per person (what a deal that is!). You could pay extra for lunch but we declined.

- A guide was assigned and they help you pick out helmets and life jackets. Went to the concession stand a bought a bottle of water for everyone for $1/bottle for a decent size bottle. Had to wait maybe 10-15 minutes for others to join our group before we left. Had about 14 or 15 in the group by the time we left. They did a good job of letting us know why were waiting and what was going on so it wasn't an issue.

- Did the hike up. Didn't find the hike difficult but they went very slow to make sure everyone was fine and keeping up. One lady was struggling a bit so they made sure she was doing ok. Probably could have done the hike in 20 or 30 mins easily, but probably took 45 minutes. They have a place to dispose of the water bottles before going down in the water. There were other groups that were around, but just make sure you stay with your group which isn't hard.

- There was a guy taking pictures in the group. Just tell them if you are going to buy pictures or not and he will get pictures of you if you want for a fee.

- Jumping down the falls started. First jump I think was the highest - fun!! Some people opted for the ladder down, but if you've come this far seems like you should jump! Guides tell you what to do. Best if you keep your arms by your side - your instinct is to put them out, but that won't feel very good! There are a series of jumps, slides, and swims with walking in between.

- We encountered other groups (probably from the ship tour because there were a lot of them together). Just follow your guides.

- Got done about noon, was pretty well dried off by the time we walked back. Tipped the guides and got back in the taxi van.

- Driver offered to take us anywhere else, but opted to go back to the port. Got back around 12:30 and then paid the driver + tip.

That was exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!! My plan is to jump!! 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the taxi stays the whole time. We left most stuff in the van but did pay for the locker for wallets etc and my husbands stuff and shoes.

I'm back. Thanks for the info. We got a van that fit 7 of us. After 5 ppl its supposed to add more money per person. They told me $120 Round Trip. I said of I though it was $100. he said yes but the extra people and showed me the chart. He then said ok $100. We didn't argue of anything. Maybe they are just used to people haggling. 

The walk for the kids(10-16) was easy. For us chunky folks....it was a bit harder. Honestly is was the 3675365362 stairs. The uphill/distance didn't bother me.

My husband nor younger daughter could swim and they were both fine. 

They did allow ladder use for a few as my husband was not comfortable doing most of the jumps/slides. 

6 minutes ago, akd1020 said:

Does anyone know why they have the 275lb weight limit for the excursions to the falls? My husband is a big guy who is in decent shape but is a little above that weight limit so it makes me nervous to book it. 

My husband it over 300lbs. He slid and used the wooden ladders. They didn't say anything and there were life vests to fit him.