Anyone Booking Europe 2021?

paphoslady

We aren't Elite, but he was using another Elite's credentials to try and get pricing and availability... Both of us will try tomorrow... The one we were looking for was the 5/01/21 sailing.... Maybe I will look at one of the other dates....   But when I search for the cruises, my screen doesn't show any pricing on it... It just shows this    

EBI12B.jpg

Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later.

More Cruise Dates To Choose From

May 02May 2nd 2021Selected 14

Aug 06
More Datesfor 12-Day British Isles (from London)  
Sun, May 02, 2021 on Crown Princess
Cruise Details 
Edited by puppymama1

2 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

We aren't Elite, but he was using another Elite's credentials to try and get pricing and availability... Both of us will try tomorrow... The one we were looking for was the 5/01/21 sailing.... Maybe I will look at one of the other dates....   But when I search for the cruises, my screen doesn't show any pricing on it... It just shows this    

EBI12B.jpg

Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later.

More Cruise Dates To Choose From

May 02May 2nd 2021Selected 14

Aug 06
More Datesfor 12-Day British Isles (from London)  
Sun, May 02, 2021 on Crown Princess
Cruise Details 

All of the pricing was posted a few weeks back - Post 8

Edited by Cruise Junky

7 hours ago, johnsuttoncoldfield said:

Just a suggestion - following the conversation with my Princess reservation representative today, who also seemed at a loss as to why so many cabins appeared "blocked out", she thought that possibly some could be released tomorrow? Worth a try I guess, I will be looking myself as had to book cabins that were not my first choice today.

Albeit I am Elite and welcome the perk of having "first choice" I can also appreciate that my early booking advantage should not preclude others from booking their chosen voyages. However, as those "blocked out" cabins look to be the better ones, it would seem rather a less than logical formula. 

The reason that cabins are "blocked out" is that Princess has many ways that a cruise can be booked. So depending on how you book a cruse...say for instance a 7 day...14 day...21 day or with a Transatlantic...the Transatlantic and the first cruise after.....will determine which cabins are open for the sailing you are looking at. We are looking at a 21 day transatlantic and the cabin we want is "blocked out".  However, if we look at the 14 day Transatlantic and the 7 day after we can get the cabin we want by booking as 2 cruises. Booking as one 21 day we can not get that same cabin. It's crazy if you ask me.

Your Princess representative should have know this. This has been the standard practice for several years.

Edited by whatcruiseisnext
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

The reason that cabins are "blocked out" is that Princess has many ways that a cruise can be booked. So depending on how you book a cruse...say for instance a 7 day...14 day...21 day or with a Transatlantic...the Transatlantic and the first cruise after.....will determine which cabins are open for the sailing you are looking at. We are looking at a 21 day transatlantic and the cabin we want is "blocked out".  However, if we look at the 14 day Transatlantic and the 7 day after we can get the cabin we want by booking as 2 cruises. Booking as one 21 day we can not get that same cabin. It's crazy if you ask me.

Your Princess representative should have know this. This has been the standard practice for several years.

Thanks for clearing that up. We just got finished doing a 12 day UK trip on the Crown which had 3 embarkation ports, Southampton, Dublin and Le Havre, each having their own set of cabins reserved for their applicable overlapping legs. It does get confusing  though.

We're looking at a Med cruise in July 2021 that has the same deal, 3 embarkation ports, Barcelona, Rome and Athens. We have identified a number of cabins we like and are hoping at least 1 or 2 of them will be available tomorrow on the cruise we're looking at.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

All of the pricing was posted a few weeks back - Post 8

Yes I know - that's what we used to pick the cruise we wanted to book... but if we try to see the pricing and cabin availability on Princess' website today, it says it is not available...that's the screen shot I posted above.

image.thumb.png.d6ef38d1a0a16a44a61745b344e25fa8.png

29 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

Yes I know - that's what we used to pick the cruise we wanted to book... but if we try to see the pricing and cabin availability on Princess' website today, it says it is not available...that's the screen shot I posted above.

This is the only one I found around 1 May.  Use this web site for Princess which uses the old format for searching for cruises.  Hope it works as copied.  After this opens, click on the refine search button again

https://www.princess.com/find/searchResults.do

image.png

Edited by coo359a2

55 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

This is the only one I found around 1 May.  Use this web site for Princess which uses the old format for searching for cruises.  Hope it works as copied.  After this opens, click on the refine search button again

https://www.princess.com/find/searchResults.do

image.png

Yes that’s the one ... may 2... I clicked on your link but I still see the it’s not available message!  I have no idea what the problem is.. why you can see it but I can’t... and Princess told the TA on the phone that it wasn’t available for booking....l hope it gets fixed tomorrow before all the balconies on Emerald deck are taken...😕

For a change, the British got a better deal than the Americans. I booked a Baltic cruise on the Grand Princess today, and the deposit was 10% of the cruise fare - a lot more than GBP 1. It doesn't really matter to me, since I will be using FCDs, but it is an interesting difference.

I booked by calling Princess. However, I can also book online. When I search for the cruise not logged on, it shows the prices not available. However, when I search for the cruise logged on (Elite), it shows the available cabins and allows me to book.

I didn't pay much attention to the prices today, since I expect to refare at least once (one advantage we Americans have). I guess there really isn't a problem with cancelling and rebooking for a better price later if you booked with a GBP 1 deposit, however, even if you do lose your deposit.

5 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

Yes that’s the one ... may 2... I clicked on your link but I still see the it’s not available message!  I have no idea what the problem is.. why you can see it but I can’t... and Princess told the TA on the phone that it wasn’t available for booking....l hope it gets fixed tomorrow before all the balconies on Emerald deck are taken...😕

If you are Elite, then you can see the prices for booking. If not, then no.

1 minute ago, NavyVeteran said:

If you are Elite, then you can see the prices for booking. If not, then no.

I wasn’t logged in so I didn’t think it knew if  I was elite or not...  I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow!  Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The majority of the Med cruises (balconies) 21 days or more on the Enchanted are mostly sold out.  🙄

Since there are three 21 day cruises, two 14 day cruises and two 7 day cruises with 3 embarkation ports overlapping with each other, I can see why it would seem most of the balconies are sold out. It's definitely an interesting strategy Princess uses.

Thank you for that link. I was able to put a hold on the 2 cruises we’re are interested in.   I’ll call my TA tomorrow.   Same ship, Enchanted Princess, but I could only pick a cabin if booked each 7 day leg separately.  We are not sure if we want to do 7 day Barcelona-Rome plus 7 days on land, or 14 day Rome-Athens-Barcelona.

i was getting the same response that pricing was not available on the regular site, even though we are elite.     

Edited by knbcruisers

7 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

I just checked to see what balconies are open on the 2 May and there's a good number in Aft, Mid Aft.  Just a few in Mid.  I don't know when your TA plans to call tomorrow but I called this morning at 8:00am CST and  Princess was booking cabins.  If TA not calling first thing tomorrow, I would call Princess and make a courtesy hold on a balcony.

5 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I just checked to see what balconies are open on the 2 May and there's a good number in Aft, Mid Aft.  Just a few in Mid.  I don't know when your TA plans to call tomorrow but I called this morning at 8:00am CST and  Princess was booking cabins.  If TA not calling first thing tomorrow, I would call Princess and make a courtesy hold on a balcony.

Thank you so much!  I was planning on going online at 9:00 am EST and looking at it... can I do a courtesy hold online or do I have to call them?   

4 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

Thank you so much!  I was planning on going online at 9:00 am EST and looking at it... can I do a courtesy hold online or do I have to call them?   

Using the link above I was able to place the courtesy hold until 8/16. Try booking each leg separately also, you may have better luck

4 minutes ago, knbcruisers said:

Using the link above I was able to place the courtesy hold until 8/16. Try booking each leg separately also, you may have better luck

Dumb question.... do you have to do something different to do a courtesy hold?  The only time I ever booked something online I actually made a booking.... ( this is only our 3rd cruise...). Thank you all so much for your help!

21 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I forgot.. we were going to book a mini suite, not a balcony... I hope there are some of those left tomorrow 😬

16 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

I forgot.. we were going to book a mini suite, not a balcony... I hope there are some of those left tomorrow 😬

I just checked for minis and club minis and there were just a few already booked so you should be fine tomorrow.  I would still call early and do a courtesy hold.  I have always called Princess to make an actual booking and then transfer it to my TA.  Have never done a booking over the website or Never did a courtesy hold either.

@Ken the cruiser

Since there are three 21 day cruises, two 14 day cruises and two 7 day cruises with 3 embarkation ports overlapping with each other, 

Try the Grand Asia Collection (I know it isn't Europe but it is even more complicated than what you wrote).  It is a 28 day cruise from Yokohama to Yokohama with 10 cruises available for booking, 1 x 28; 2 x 21; 3 x 14 and 4 x 7.  There are 4 overlapping ports; Yokohama; Hong Kong; Singapore and then Hong Kong again.

8 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

I just checked for minis and club minis and there were just a few already booked so you should be fine tomorrow.  I would still call early and do a courtesy hold.  I have always called Princess to make an actual booking and then transfer it to my TA.  Have never done a booking over the website or Never did a courtesy hold either.

I got it!  Just because I am anal, I checked to see if I could see pricing at 6:00 am EST and I could... so I booked cabin E731 with a courtesy hold!  That is supposed to be one of the mini suites with the larger balcony......  😊. Now I just have to keep checking and hope the price comes down!

Thank you all so much for your help.... especially coo359a2....you were so nice to check status and try and help me get it done!  

1 hour ago, puppymama1 said:

I got it!  Just because I am anal, I checked to see if I could see pricing at 6:00 am EST and I could... so I booked cabin E731 with a courtesy hold!  That is supposed to be one of the mini suites with the larger balcony......  😊. Now I just have to keep checking and hope the price comes down!

Thank you all so much for your help.... especially coo359a2....you were so nice to check status and try and help me get it done!  

Great that it all worked out for you.  I do it the same way so that I can get the exact cabin I want the minute Princess opens for booking.  Then I pass it on to my TA.

I still can't get pricing for my european cruises!  So I called Princess and asked.  Went to booking prompt.  I got right in and was able to book with the rep.  She told me online wouldn't be available to US under elites until 9am Pacific time.  But she was able to book me.  I want to see what is available so just did a courtesy hold.  I got the last WS on the Grand for the cruise I wanted!!!  All the others were already booked!  Not pleased with the smallest of the WS's, but at least I got a WS!!!!

On another one, I wanted a M1(CC mini) and there were still many available as was the suites.  So maybe you guys will have better luck once booking opens up or call now!

Oh, and no promotions available not even Captains Circle Launch Savings at this time.  10%pp deposit is refundable.  Wish we had the deposit the British have today, but then they can't rebook/refare with no penalty. Definitely will need a sale as the prices are a little mind blowing!!

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands
  • Thanks 1