Best pizza in Manhattan

20 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I'm guessing you've never had Joe's Pizza!

No I have not;  that is the one in the Village; correct?.  The last time I was in NY a few years ago I ate at Carmine's somewhere in midtown; and at a pizza place near times square;  it used to be a church.  That was two years ago

Just now, AF-1 said:

No I have not;  that is the one in the Village; correct?.  The last time I was in NY a few years ago I ate at Carmine's somewhere in midtown; and at a pizza place near times square;  it used to be a church.  That was two years ago

I meant to say 2 Bro's Pizza. However Joe's pizza is quite good, though expensive.

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

That is John’s pizza. There are three Carmine’s.The one you are referencing is in the mid 40’s.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 9:10 PM, AF-1 said:

We have a few local pizza joints downtown and in the suburbs.  LaRosa's is a family pizza and pasta Italian restaurant,  then we have Angilo's.  Both are very good.  LaRosa's pizza sauce is sweeter tasting than most. 

Chester's Pizza in Hamilton/Fairfield !!! 😋

Edited by buckeye rob

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Treasure Hunter; where is Ray's Original located?  I love pizza

It could be in any number of places. there's a long history of pizza parlors claiming to be Ray's, Original Ray's,  or Famous Ray's . Don't bother trying to hunt down the "original" or the "real" Ray's. It's just a bunch of BS  .

https://gothamist.com/food/the-hunt-for-the-emrealem-original-rays-pizza  https://thepizzasnob.net/2012/07/08/a-slice-of-new-york-city-the-real-rays-pizza-5/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray's_Pizza

Virtually every pizza joint in the city has a better slice than most other pizza joints almost anywhere else.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

Our favorite is John's on 44th near Times Square.  Love the old church interior and mural and the food is good.  Also, when they pour you a glass of the house wine, it's a glass, not a couple of inches lol. We eat there at least once every trip.  It's a sit down restaurant and is very popular.  At peak times, expect to stand in line and wait for a bit.  What helps us is it's usually just the two of us and we've been in line when they've been looking for two for a two top and we get pulled ahead of larger groups.  We've had that happen a couple of times at both lunch and dinner.  

Edited by BND

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

lenquixote66,  just curious about pizza in Manhattan;  plan on doing two nights pre cruise next year;  won't be going to Brooklyn except to board the Princess Ship.

There are so many in nyc what area of the city will you be in, Princess has some decent pizza on board, prefer msc pizza. More that likely there will be a decent pizza place in walking distance 

2 hours ago, George C said:

There are so many in nyc what area of the city will you be in, Princess has some decent pizza on board, prefer msc pizza. More that likely there will be a decent pizza place in walking distance 

When people post NYC they generally mean Manhattan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 4:10 PM, njhorseman said:

Virtually every pizza joint in the city has a better slice than most other pizza joints almost anywhere else.

And almost every neighborhood pizza joint will have an army of loyal pizza aficionados who will fight to the death over which is better or best.. LOL

And that goes for most areas in the NY / NJ area especially Brooklyn where I grew up.

It's like the Philly Cheese Steaks thing...

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 2