YC Drink Package level included

Russ_MT

Can someone recently off YC let me know what drink package level is included.  Our docs are confusing.   Claim "all in" which is the Easy package.   Last year on YC we had the Premium package included with YC.

Thanks,

--Russ

We've upgraded to PremiumPlus on both a Med YC cruise and a US-based one.  Each time it has cost us the difference in price between the Premium and PremiumPlus packages.  There are several threads on here from people who've sailed in YC and were able to enjoy what's included in Premium.

The subject has been discussed at length on the following thread:

2652145-what-drinks-package-is-included-in-yc

Edited by Beamafar

We sailed in December on Seaside YC and "Premium" was included which was fine for us.  Includes everything up to $12.   The EASY package is minimal up to $6  "house wines etc".  

Our docs use the term "all in plus wifi" which is the EASY package and wondering if they have changed something in YC since 

our Dec 2018 cruise.   I'm hoping the docs are just as stupid as their website.

We never had to show any cards or bands in YC because EVERYONE had the premium package.   Butler would bring us a bottle of wine to our cabin all included.

--Russ

I'll try to help.  Part of the confusion is that "All In" is a promotion that includes the Easy drinks package for Bella and Fantastica and WiFi for all cabins, and for a time it also included a Cirque dinner show on Meraviglia.  Aurea cabins already include the Easy package and YC already include the YC drinks package, so the "All In" promotion basically only adds WiFi for those cabins.  MSC does confuse things on the boarding documents because for all cabins it shows if you booked under "All In" and also shows Easy package included.  YC cabins booked under "All In" still get the YC drinks package which is similar to Premium but includes the minibar.

Edited by Até
clarification
  • Like 1

Thanks for the clarification.  I think the all in means Wi-Fi is included.   Makes sense as all yc have premium package and they never checked/scanned our card/band for anything.  That would be bothersome.  Only outside of yc did they ever check our package.  I’m glad nothing has changed.   They need to make it clear when booking yc.   

I only care because it’s cheaper to upgrade pre boarding.  God to know we won’t need to. 

48 minutes ago, Russ_MT said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I think the all in means Wi-Fi is included.   Makes sense as all yc have premium package and they never checked/scanned our card/band for anything.  That would be bothersome.  Only outside of yc did they ever check our package.  I’m glad nothing has changed.   They need to make it clear when booking yc.   

I only care because it’s cheaper to upgrade pre boarding.  God to know we won’t need to. 

May want to look into the Wi-Fi too.  "Included" may not be the "included" you think.

Ours docs show 5G included on the pricing breakdown for just 1 of us (14 night cruise, October, Seaside YC).  When I called they said it's for 1 device at a time only (not 1 each) and the 5G is total usage, not each.  For both to use at the same time you need to buy a second package.

I don't have much faith in this answer as he also said on the 2 device package only 1 device could be logged on at at a time - which makes no rational sense at all.

Another item that looks to be clear as mud at this point.

The amount of GB given with All In has varied over time, but was always cruise length dependent.  I think it is now a max of 3.5GB, but it is a little vague on specifics for each itinerary length.  You have to click on a specific sailing then click on the "Internet Included" pop up window on the booking page to see how much is included for that sailing.  All In is definitely the Standard Internet package which is good for two devices that can be online at the same time.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Top-Deals/All-In-Caribbean-Fall-Winter.aspx

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/On-Board/Internet.aspx

Edited by Até

11 hours ago, Russ_MT said:

Last December we had 3 GB plan for 2 devices.  We ran out and had to buy more which wasn't expensive.   I then learned iCloud was turned on and uploaded all my video and photos.

--Russ

Thanks Russ.  I already have a note on my travel planner to turn off automatic updates and uploads on both of our devices.  Very accustomed to having unlimited plans at sea where you purchase different speeds & access capabilities rather than capacities.

Feel like we are managing a 1990's cell phone plan.

1 hour ago, Beachin2 said:

Thanks Russ.  I already have a note on my travel planner to turn off automatic updates and uploads on both of our devices.  Very accustomed to having unlimited plans at sea where you purchase different speeds & access capabilities rather than capacities.

Feel like we are managing a 1990's cell phone plan.

Oh yea....automatic updates are another thing to check.  I have so many apps that seem to update so often.

Also many iPhone apps are constantly "phoning home" so I check those as well and turn it off.

What I didn't check was iCloud which when connected to WiFi (it thinks you are at home with unlimited bandwidth) it uploaded all my videos and photos which apparently were Gigabytes worth.   So now I turn off iCloud.

It does feel like 1990s cell phone plan where you have to monitor your usage.   I don't know why MSC does it this way.   Other ships do not.

--Russ

There is an unlimited data plan available for purchase, although obviously more expensive. Personally, I prefer the option of differing levels of plan so you can just purchase to suit your needs.

When I booked our last YC sailing the agent was at great pains to point out that the YC drinks package is not the premium package, it's a YC drinks package. In reality, the differences seem minimal.

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

When I booked our last YC sailing the agent was at great pains to point out that the YC drinks package is not the premium package, it's a YC drinks package. In reality, the differences seem minimal.

Yet when it comes to upgrading, they're happy enough to charge the difference between Premium and PremiumPlus!  🙄

In relation to internet packages, at least MSC has seen fit to include a premium package for YC guests from September 2020.

Hi

We booked our cruise with TA in UK for a YC experience on the MSC Bellissima in November this year.

Contacted the TA see if package could be upgraded to Premium Plus , they contacted MSC who could not upgrade the package.

Took information from Beamafar re management contact E mail address sent several E mails re possible upgrade they are being quite adamant that the YC package via the UK can’t be upgraded .

Didnt  answer the question when asked if the package could be upgraded on board , but that’s a route we wouldn’t take re the additional service charge.

Sailed with Celebrity several times and had no problem upgrading the drinks package when required.

32 minutes ago, amoscotti said:

Hi

We booked our cruise with TA in UK for a YC experience on the MSC Bellissima in November this year.

Contacted the TA see if package could be upgraded to Premium Plus , they contacted MSC who could not upgrade the package.

Took information from Beamafar re management contact E mail address sent several E mails re possible upgrade they are being quite adamant that the YC package via the UK can’t be upgraded .

That seems to be the situation now as a number of people have reported similar outcomes recently.  Crazy that a company is turning down extra revenue!

Not only have I paid in advance for the upgrade, but it's clearly showing on our tickets for our upcoming cruise (in 11 days time):

668988793_ScreenShot2019-08-17at18_29_29.png.b8379962cdf6c1380542128ba4f80cfd.png

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Msc said I could upgrade but wanted 700 total for upgrade for a one week cruise. This is for November seaside cruise in YC

Scrolling thru this thread and glad to see you posted, because I remember your post telling us that.  Wasn't it what your TA told you?

Looking at my booking for our B2B in the YC on Seaside in April, I have EXPYCA "Escape to Sea."   

Anyone familiar with this promotion?  

Edited by jules815

20 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Looking at my booking for our B2B in the YC on Seaside in April, I have EXPYCA "Escape to Sea."   

"Escape to Sea" is the no frills rate for Caribbean sailings that is offered mainly to the US & Canadian markets.  The current alternative is the "All In" rate that includes the Easy drink package and internet.  I've never heard of anyone paying the fictional "Brochure" rate.  Since you are in YC you have the YC drinks package so all you're missing is the internet.  As Beamafar stated internet will be included in YC bookings later next year.

8 hours ago, little britain said:

There is no mention on any confirmation on my YC booking of Wi-fi ......is this a USA promo? 

MSC announced recently that, from September 2020, YC guests will receive the premium wifi package as an inclusion (it was posted on here some time ago, but I don't remember which thread).  I'm not sure if you had to book after a particular date, though.  We have a YC booking for Sept 2020 and I booked before the announcement.

However, I can't see how they could give it to some guests and not others, just because of when they booked - though it may be indicated in their booking details - it's not in ours of course so we may not qualify - but I would hope that it'll be like when they introduced the included drinks package for YC which came in for sailings in April 2017 - everyone benefitted regardless of when they had booked.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jules815 said:

Scrolling thru this thread and glad to see you posted, because I remember your post telling us that.  Wasn't it what your TA told you?

Yes this is what my travel agent sent 

Please see the attached list.

To upgrade from the drink package you have to:

Premium                     $432  total for 2 of you

Premium PLUS            $700  total for 2 of you

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes this is what my travel agent sent 

Please see the attached list.

To upgrade from the drink package you have to:

Premium                     $432  total for 2 of you

Premium PLUS            $700  total for 2 of you

You really need to inform your TA that Easy is not the included package for YC, hence you can't upgrade to Premium, as it's already included, so she/he shouldn't be quoting a price for that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1