A surprise in your photo.

Have you ever taken a photo, only to find out that there was a surprise in that photo? If so, feel free to post it here.IMG_4851-4851.thumb.jpg.0f41dceb494fae8c598bf0d42c19b1bf.jpg

I took a photo of a flower/weed at the Bay of Fundy........It was only after I downloaded the image to my computer that I saw a bee in flight in the image. Was I surprised, oh yes I was.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I was taking shots of a Humpback last May in Juneau. My trick is to use one eye to watch for action while I use the other to center it in the camera FOV quickly when it happens. When ever a Humpback would rise up, I would easily center and fire burst frames. When I got back home and examined the shots, I noticed what I missed in live action from onboard. What does this set of one second burst tell you?

TcVTdwx.jpg

2JGTqiv.jpg

oV7Pyw6.jpg

S69P5kJ.jpg

4aTfj7M.jpg

rPnW4jm.jpg

Bwtk7mZ.jpg

oDN822I.jpg

qMEMZBh.jpg

m29l1DU.jpg

• Like 2

Taking a photo of a cute female painted bunting sitting quietly in a bush, I snapped the photo and the bird took off - a cardinal was lurking in the same bush right after.  I thought I missed the shot.  Then I looked, and found I did get a shot of the bunting, and the unplanned arrival of the cardinal, menacing the bunting and chasing it off a fraction of a second after the snap:

original.jpg

• Like 3

Not worth posting but I took a trip to NYC with my grandson and took a picture of him in front of Madison Square Garden.  When I got home and looked closely at the picture I saw my brother walking down the street.