New formal dress arrived today

melmar02

I ordered a new formal night dress in two sizes because I wasn't sure which would fit, and they arrived today. I tried on the smallest size first, and as I'm trying to zip up the back, which I can't really reach, I'm thinking "YAY! This is a perfect fit!" My husband is on a business trip, and he won't be back until Thursday. So I ask my kids to zip it up for me. I can gather enough fabric where I can reach to tell it's going to zip, and I'm so excited. BUT...  you know when materials change on a dress how it's sometimes hard to zip over the transition? Well my kids both get to that fabric change in the dress and say it won't go any further. I'm dying to get the thing on and see how it really looks because I'm in love with this dress! Would it be weird to go ask a neighbor who's name I don't even know? Not sure I'll make it until Thursday! 🤣

• Like 1

Congrats on smaller dress fitting! I learned a hack awhile ago from FB... Put a shoelace to a safety pin then put the pin through the zipper head and then you can reach up over your head, pull the zipper up with the shoelace. Maybe the kids can help with guiding it through the fabric joint if you are pulling? 

13 hours ago, TX Cruise Girl said:

It would be weird if a neighbor that I didnt know came to my door and asked me to zip their dress but I would do it for her.  I say go for it.

I'm such an introvert... that's probably why I don't know them. I would probably need a lava flow or two first!

9 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

Congrats on smaller dress fitting! I learned a hack awhile ago from FB... Put a shoelace to a safety pin then put the pin through the zipper head and then you can reach up over your head, pull the zipper up with the shoelace. Maybe the kids can help with guiding it through the fabric joint if you are pulling? 

Good idea!

Love to know how this turned out.  You said your husband would be back Thursday.  Did all go well?  Did you wait on your husband or did you meet your neighbors?  Love to see a picture of you in your new smaller dress.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:02 AM, Jasonmom said:

Love to know how this turned out.  You said your husband would be back Thursday.  Did all go well?  Did you wait on your husband or did you meet your neighbors?  Love to see a picture of you in your new smaller dress.

It zipped up, no problem! Here's a pic of me at my heaviest 202 next to me in the dress this morning at 175. It's not the best picture, but I can definitely see progress!

image.png.966166326bcb68dc68e6f75630228766.png

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

It zipped up, no problem! Here's a pic of me at my heaviest 202 next to me in the dress this morning at 175. It's not the best picture, but I can definitely see progress!

I would think anyone who isn't blind would see the progress.  I especially see the difference in your arms and face.  Great work.  Lovin the color of that dress.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

I would think anyone who isn't blind would see the progress.  I especially see the difference in your arms and face.  Great work.  Lovin the color of that dress.

4 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Oh, love that dress.  And you look great.

Thanks!

On 8/17/2019 at 12:49 PM, melmar02 said:

You look amazing!  I like the hair cut - it makes you look younger (if that is something you want) and frames your face nicely.  I agree the color looks great on you.

• Like 1