WestCord City Centre Amsterdam

For those of you familiar with Amsterdam, is this hotel walkable to most sites. It looks like it would be within 20 min or so of most of the main attractions -- maybe a tram would be needed to the Museum area. We walk a lot but hate to spend 1/2 hour each day just getting to the area we want to tour.

The price is so much less than the ones in the Canal Ring so we hope it will work well.

Thanks for any input you have.

I stayed down the street at the W Hotel when I was there-- only a few minutes walk from your hotel. I found that the area was very walkable to most things. I think we took an Uber a few times to to the Rijksmuseum and a restaurant, but other than that we walked everywhere and it was easy. 

Based on what I did when I was in Amsterdam, the WestCord City Centre that I see on Google Maps would be in a GREAT location.  I stayed at the Renaissance which is nearby.  I walked everywhere and never took a tram once.  I even walked to the Museum district, which was the furthest that I walked.  But it was sightworthy all along the walk, so I was there before I knew it.

I'm not familiar with what is considered "in the Canal Ring".  I would have thought this hotel would be considered inside any canal ring that I can figure out from Google Maps.

If you look at a map of Amsterdam, you will see an area with lots of canals that’s shaped like a horseshoe. That area is the Canal Ring. The Westcord City Centre is located on the Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal and it’s right in the Canal Ring. So I’m not sure why you would think this hotel is located outside the canal ring? Perhaps you are confusing this hotel with one of the other Westcord hotels in Amsterdam?