Rostock vs Warnemünde Port

Hello CC family.  I'm currently helping my retired folks finish booking a super last minute Baltics cruise.  NCL Spirit shows Rostock as a port, but having been on NCL Getaway before, NCL Getaway docked at Warnemunde.  Are these 2 ports the same or different?  Would it make a difference for booking excursions that picks from Warnemunde, when NCL Spirit is docked in Rostock?  Sailing in 48 hours, and have zero excursions booked..... it's going to be fun.

They are listed as separate ports because they are in the same general area, but not located close to each other.  I would definitely consider them different ports for sightseeing purposes.  (Take a look at Google Maps for Port of Rostock.) 

If you dock in Warnemuende, you can get right off the ship and see the sights in town. And if you want to go to Rostock, it’s an easy train ride to get there. 

However, if you dock in Rostock, you have to take a bus/train combo to get to either Warnemuende or to the town of Rostock.  It’s not as convenient as docking in Warnemuende.  

We were lucky on our HAL cruise which docked in Rostock that they provided free ferries to Warnemuende and free buses direct to downtown Rostock. (But they did not tell us this in advance, so I was prepared with the bus/train info.). Your parents may not be as lucky on NCL, so you should get online to find the bus/train info or tell them they will need to take a taxi to either Warnemuende or Rostock.  (As I recall, you’d take a bus from outside the Rostock Port to Luetten Klein Station and then take the train to either Warnemuende or Rostock.)

Edited by GradUT

I'm on that sailing (our plane leaves in a few hours!), and yes, we're scheduled to be in port in Rostock, not Warnemunde. I am hoping that NCL has shuttles to Warnemunde and Rostock city centre, especially since we'll be in port on a Sunday and the public bus from the port only runs once an hour. (If there are no shuttles, I hope there are at least taxis!)

Do they at least have excursions booked for St. Petersburg?

ETA: In addition to the Roll Call on here -- which has gone pretty quiet as most people are now in transit -- there is a FB group for this sailing.

Norwegian NCL Spirit Ultimate Baltic 17 August 2019

Fellow cruisers who might be happy to help will be checking in there if you want advice and recommendations.

Edited by trosebery

Thank you all for the valuable info.  Just got done with booking St Petersburg w/ TJ.  Literally just trying to help them pack and get organized.  Their flight leaves in 18 hours.... it's a mad house here.... Trosebery, safe travels.