Caribbean cruise questions

Tom_H

Hi, we had our first cruise and first Seabourn experience this summer in the Mediterranean and are already looking into our next cruise. Currently we are looking into the November-December Caribbean cruise with the Odyssey, but have run into a few problems regarding flights to and from.

Does anyone have experience flying out of Barbados with LIAT. Ship arrives at 0700AM and the flight leaves at 0850AM. Is this sufficient time or will I run into problems?

Second question is about weather and hurricanes. Is November-December a good time for this type of cruise or will we run into bad weather?

Thanks

There is no way to make this flight. Getting off the ship once cleared and getting to the airport with check-in are all beyond your control. You had better take one after 11 am or the next day.

About weather there are no guarantees so you have to go with the flow, if at all.

Happy and healthy sailing!

I agree with Markham.  Barbados airport is a disaster. There's no way you can can get an 8:50 flight.  I've never flown LIAT. But, have heard mixed thoughts about the airline. Read the reviews in Skytrax to get a better idea. Barbados, itself, is not in the hurricane belt. Odyssey is a good ship and Seabourn would never risk a ship and its passengers and crew in the path of a hurricane.

I am a retired TV Reporter from Florida, and have covered dozens of storms. Caribbean hurricanes are very rare in November. 

And I would now plan on making that 8:50 flight. In fact, I wouldn’t book a flight before noon! Just to be safe.