Havana pool area and Havana aft cabins

Luv2cruz1000

On 10/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, carib1 said:

We were on the September 15th sailing on the Horizon. 

We were on this sailing too, so we probably crossed paths out in the pool area.  I never went out there after 7, but my son did say the hot tubs were crowded then.  The last sea day there were quite a few around the pool, but it never felt crowded or busy to me.  We had a fantastic time!

The extended aft balcony on Horizon is one of our favorite cabins on any cruise, ever. This includes suites and Haven cabins on NCL. We loved it so much, we are taking a very unplanned cruise on Vista in November. Can’t wait!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 8:11 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Best idea that Carnival has had in years

The Havana area sounds incredible. Because of financial constraints[ which can't be that bad  we still can cruise], though, if we were to book a Havana cabin, we would probably  have to slow down our cruising from every year to year and a half, to every year and a half to 2 years. So, if booking a Havana cabin would cause you to be able to cruise less often, would you still choose the Havana cabin?

17 minutes ago, vicky3vicky said:

The Havana area sounds incredible. Because of financial constraints[ which can't be that bad  we still can cruise], though, if we were to book a Havana cabin, we would probably  have to slow down our cruising from every year to year and a half, to every year and a half to 2 years. So, if booking a Havana cabin would cause you to be able to cruise less often, would you still choose the Havana cabin?

The answer is it depends.  We have cruised 2 times since experiencing a HC and in both instances it was not a ship that had HC cabins.  So from one perspective, I would not. All that said, if we were sailing on the Vista or Horizon again, would we sail in a longer period of time to sail in a HC cabin, the answer is yes.  We are probably not the typical cruisers, we cruise between 2 and 4 cruisers a year.  I get your point, simply said, the experience is better, significantly so.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vicky3vicky said:

Is that because you need a balcony cabin or have to cruise in the summer?

We are booked in an inside cabin on the Horizon for next December and it was very cheap.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

Yes.  However, if you book a bit out you can get an inside Havana for not that much.  

We had to book an inside Havana because our kids were coming with us and they are not 12 (and so we had to put them in the room next to us in a non-Havana cabin) and the only room on the Panorama where that was an option (Havana room next door to non-Havana room) was for the Havana inside rooms.  (Carnival says kids under 12 can stay in own room next to or across the hall from parents if they aren't in a balcony cabin.) I think we paid like $917 pp for the Havana inside room and like $799 pp for the non-Havana room for my kids.  This may not be exactly right, but I know it wasn't much of a difference and whatever it was, it was matter of a few dollars a day spread out over a 7 day sailing.

Now we paid more for the Havana Vista balcony and the Havana aft balcony on other sailings, but these were even more than the Havana Cabana, I think. Point is, you can do the Havana for less.  

The only Havana area I am a bit anxious about is on the Mardis Gras.  Looks like they packed way more Havana cabins on that ship and the Havana area looks smaller and like it only has one hot tub rather than 2 hot tubs and a pool. 🙄. Also, it is on the side of the ship.  But on the Vista, horizon in Panorama, I would definitely recommend a Havana area hands down. 

I went on the Vista when it was relatively new and I don't think a lot of people even knew about the Havana area yet (or, either that, we just happened to be on a cruise where no one used it) and I would be the only person in the Havana area at times. I kept posting pictures from The Havana area of my view and my drinks with just me alone sitting in the hot tub or on the pool with the ocean in the background on Facebook and Instagram. People asked if I was on a private yacht. 😂

The first pic is of a sea day...literally the busiest it ever got.  

Second and third pic is what it looked like when we were in Port.  You can see why I got excited when other people actually showed up and I had someone to talk to.

AirBrush_20191007145410.jpg

AirBrush_20191007145339.jpg

AirBrush_20191007145311.jpg

Edited by Eli_6
Uploaded wrong pics

I looked it up and with taxes and fees and port charges, our room cost was $2413 total (2 ppl) for inside Havana and $1813 for regular inside room (2 ppl) next door.  So, there was more of a difference than I thought, but this is also on Panorama when it is pretty new so may be a premium for that.  The newer ships in general are a little more, I think. 

Edited by Eli_6

On 10/3/2019 at 11:58 AM, Herbaltees said:

I prefer the Havana design on the Mardi Gras. I do not like the set up of the Vista class with that whole rear being dedicated to an elite class.  It seemed wasteful and reminiscent of cruising long ago.

And with there being a minimum age of 12 to stay in the Havana area, carnival seemed to be alienating a huge segment of their core client, families.

You can still stay in a Havana cabin with kids if you put kids next door or across the hall. Maybe not on Mardis Gras (don't know), but you can on Panorama, Horizon and Vista if you get a Havana Cabin on deck 6, 7 or 8.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:42 AM, ishap said:

I feel the opposite.  We are booked on the Mardi Gras out of Coppenhagen, and when I saw the Havana area on the deck plans, I decided to go regular cabin instead. (Well that and i wanted an upper blacony to be able to see the sights of European cities.)  But to each their own.  We all have things we like and everybody has their own likes.  But laying out the Mardi Gras differently will cater to different people, thereby giving more choices.  I'm all for that.  I just know that if I want a Havana area, I sail a Vista class.  

I am also disappointed in the Havana Area on the MG.  And I would gladly upgrade to a loft 19 or whatever it is called but they were booked and are still booked every time I checked.  Only way to get one is to go out to 2021.

4 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I looked it up and with taxes and fees and port charges, our room cost was $2413 total (2 ppl) for inside Havana and $1813 for regular inside room (2 ppl) next door.  So, there was more of a difference than I thought, but this is also on Panorama when it is pretty new so may be a premium for that.  The newer ships in general are a little more, I think. 

We are booked in a havana inside on Horizon for a 6 night cruise in December 2020 and only paid $1387 that is with all the taxes too