SkyRide got cancelled on Carnival Vista Aug 24 2019 sailing

grigosha

No conspiracy theories. It's more common than you might think that a person has multiple accounts, especially if they get banned. I've seen someone get their username banned, came back with a new one, got banned again, came back with a third one, and got banned yet again. And nothing against users from Canada, but the fact is, there aren't too many users from there in the Carnival forum. So when three of them all post basically the same thing in the same day, it tends to raise a red flag. After having been inundated with threads and posts about this topic all day from people who are all saying the same thing and making the same demands of Carnival, I hope you can understand why some of us have reacted a certain way. I don't need to re-read any of your posts, but thanks anyway.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, grigosha said:

@Organized Chaos I truly, truly could not make sense of your question/statement.

Post count stats with  conspiracy theory on posts deleted and Canada's role in the whole thing. 🙂 

Take it easy my friend, we need cruises to forget what's coming in November. 

All I was [originally] frustrated with is SkyRide closure, read posts #1 and #3. At post #23 I stated that the issue is exhausted.

What's coming in November??

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Don't let your kids select your cruises and if you believe that if the bicycle ride is down for maintenance you deserve something you have another thing coming ...... Don't cruise the world for 2 minute sky ride bicycle entertainment . 

Cruise critics are on-offence! Sorry, but I can't take parential advise from an internet persona.

Mods, please lock this down!

1 hour ago, ImANewfie said:

so hilarious to see the ridiculous replies to this topic.   Get real people.  OP stated it was the reason the cruise was chosen.. so many are so quick to babble oh you let your children decide? oh you expect Carnival to move mountains.  NO, Neither!

The reality is we all have family vacations and consider EVERYONE in the family.  Gone are the days when children were seen but not heard.     Vacations are chosen for various reasons, and that INCLUDES the attractions one may or may want to see, the skyride, in this case, being the attraction.   

Would you insist on going to Disney if most of the family wanted Sea World?    Would you buy you children blue or red or green, if they wanted yellow, in a shirt?  Of course not.

Most of you need to get off the mightier than thou mountain, chillax,   relax, and be fair.   A decision was made for a particular reason.  I remember taking my newphew on a cruise, he was 7.   He was SOOOOOO excited for the skyride.   Would he had been disappointed if it was out of service? YES

I recently did a cruise on Royal Caribbean  and   i, as a 57 year old adult who has done in excess of 70 cruises,  would have been extremely disappointed had the North Star been out of service.  In fact, I was bummed the one day it was down due to wind.. ( even though i had the rest of my cruise to do it)

So a child being disappointed because something they were looking forward to it totally normal and ok, just as it is for us adults.  Its called being human, but too many rather mouth off with bs that relax and look at the simple post the OP made,  disappointment

Disappointment is and may be expected, to compensate 4 thousand people monetarily due to mechanical issues is unreasonable. Does Cedar Pointe or Disney Land throw cash at everyone if one of their roller coasters is down? No ..... So people telling the OP that it's not reasonable is not off base in the least. There are cruises that miss entire ports and you get $15 back in port fees. How much do you want for the SkyRide? $1.50? 

Edited by tallnthensome

I rode the ski ride and was underwhelmed for what I waited for - maybe I can be compensated??

I guess it can be a draw but like everything else it can break. Lesson learned here - book a cruise that you want to be on for multiple reasons so if one is not there you aren’t upset. If the SkyRide is down you are basically sailing on a dream class (like) ship. Still plenty to do. 

Enjoy whatever you do!

• Like 1

@tallnthensome My consern had three parties involved: me, my children and Carnival. Now you want me to do cost elasticity analysis on $1.50 for 4000 people to sympathise with the business? This is a job for analysts at Carnival and exactly a product of why no refund has been offered. I am writing this in humorous mood, don't get this seriously.

On a serious note, if safety is a consern, the liability claims would run exponentially higher than a possible cost of repairs, or G-d forbid, someone could get hurt. If I am correct RE: safety, they are doing the right thing.

I'm booked on the Vista in early November because I won a free cruise with the slot tournament.  But one of things I'm really looking forward to is the Sky Ride. I sure hope they get these issues figured out before then. I'm an avid biker, but even more-so, I'm thinking the view and thrills while riding would be pretty cool.

OP - I would be bummed for my kids too. I can't imagine Carnival can compensate everyone on the ship for this, but a nice email or letter apologizing for the closure would be nice.

As for the rude posts - Ignore, ignore, ignore.....

10 minutes ago, bnbeyer said:

I'm booked on the Vista in early November because I won a free cruise with the slot tournament.  But one of things I'm really looking forward to is the Sky Ride. I sure hope they get these issues figured out before then. I'm an avid biker, but even more-so, I'm thinking the view and thrills while riding would be pretty cool.

OP - I would be bummed for my kids too. I can't imagine Carnival can compensate everyone on the ship for this, but a nice email or letter apologizing for the closure would be nice.

Don’t get your hopes too high. The view is about what you get doing the ropes course, meaning you can look down on people walking or golfing below you. As for thrill — well, it’s pretty tame. Just something different to do once to say you have. That’s all. Cool but not thrilling. 

9 minutes ago, bnbeyer said:

They did send out emails apologizing for it, but for the ones who created all these threads today, that wasn't good enough. All of them want some form of compensation. Free excursion, a cabin upgrade, say they're never sailing Carnival again, on-shore discounts, OBC. Heck, one of them even said they were going to go ahead and go on the cruise, but would contact their lawyer to get a refund afterwards. Let me repeat that...they said they'd go on the cruise, then take legal action to get a refund because one feature on the ship is closed. All of these things in the span of a day. Some of this is coming from people who literally created CC accounts just to complain about this and to say they deserve compensation. It's not the fact that people are disappointed. There's nothing wrong with that. But it goes way beyond that. They're flat-out ticked off over this and say they deserve compensation. A few people out of a few thousand passengers on the ship, all of whom have to go without this ride. They can't all be compensated, so what makes one more deserving than others? So I'm sorry, but they brought the comments on themselves. I love Guy's Burgers. I look forward to them for months leading up to a cruise. If I got a notice that Guy's would be closed for some reason during our cruise, yeah I'd be disappointed, but it's just one thing out of many on a cruise ship. I wouldn't deserve compensation for something that's relatively minor compared to everything else that's available. I too look forward to trying the SkyRide when we're on the Horizon next year, but if by chance they don't have all these problems figured out and they decide to give up on it, so be it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grigosha said:

Cruise critics are on-offence! Sorry, but I can't take parential advise from an internet persona.

Mods, please lock this down!

Haha the same person who throws the bait gets baited, and calls foul!

Anyway, on my Horizon sailing in June of 2018, the SkyRide was closed. Honestly it wasn't a big deal after a while, since I was having a blast without it!

6 hours ago, ImANewfie said:

Gone are the days when children were seen but not heard.

I question your knowledge on the representation on kids.

6 hours ago, ImANewfie said:

Would you insist on going to Disney if most of the family wanted Sea World?

But are the children paying for it? If they contribute, then go ahead, do exactly what they say. If not, they will go or do wherever or whatever the parent wants to go or do. Unfortunately, as one my self, minors do not control their parents.

Edited by jbethel11

4 hours ago, grigosha said:

I am writing this in humorous mood, don't get this seriously.

You should have specified, as other posters who endeavor similar requests, who are in fact serious.

Edited by jbethel11
Grammatical error

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Is there time to scrap this thing from the panorama. Maybe they should put something else there like a....(fill in the blank). 

No time. And realistically speaking, it would be virtually impossible to destruct the already constructed SkyRide then sketch, design, manufacture and assemble a product of similar weight and size in approximately 3 months. Hypothetically speaking, they could extend the ropes course to circle around the funnel, but that is also susceptible to breaking/the wind.

5 minutes ago, ImANewfie said:

You are over reacting  Of course the children arent paying for it.  Does that mean as a parent we cant understand times they would be disappointed?     These children may one day be the children who are caring for you, and saying to their spouse, well lets have chicken because i dont think Dad ( or Mom) really cares for beef.   No????

Spoiled children are the type who expect their parents to do everything for them, and to do everything based off of what they say. I fully understand children when they get disappointed, and I am not saying its unpreventable. I am just expressing my concern for parents who essentially allow their children to control them.

15 minutes ago, ImANewfie said:

well lets have chicken because i dont think Dad ( or Mom) really cares for beef.   No????

???

This comment makes absolutely no sense.