Carnival Sunrise NYC Terminal relocation 9/16/19

Jamman54

10 hours ago, madamerkf said:

I am on the sept 16 cruise where they are switching but am going to get to Brooklyn early since I am platinum and like to be on the ship early. I am hoping they have the platinum lounge set up in Brooklyn since I know I might be waiting a bit to get on. NYC traffic always scares me ( I am coming from Orange County/suburbs) so I never underestimate it. All it takes is one bad accident or construction and one can literally sit for hours. I usually either get a ride or take the train down to NYC and then hop in a cab to the pier. I am thinking it will be a little bit disorganized for my sailing.

I'm on this cruise with you 🙂 We sailed Regal Princess from Red Hook in 2017 and I don't remember a separate area for priority boarding - it was our first Princess and Brooklyn sailing though so we might have missed it.  Possibly they will have a slightly separate area like in Baltimore (closer to the door, but still open to everyone else), but maybe not a full lounge.

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

John just replied on his FB page that the cruise leaving from Brooklyn will swing closer to the Statue of Liberty so guests can get photo ops.

For those who do not have FB, here is the post

image.png.0b56cb8d7a253028b61b199b7c1755e8.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up for All those staying in Manhattan for the Sunrise Cruise on Sept 29...Know I posted previously that the trip to Brooklyn from Manhattan would be about 30 minutes...On a Normal Sunday YES...BUT ALERT ALERT ALERT...The Tunnel will be Closed for the Stephen Sillers Tunnel to Towers Run...Please give yourself some Extra time Traveling...it could be a Nightmare between 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM...https://tunnel2towers.org/event/2019-tunnel-towers-5k-run-walk-new-york-city/

GRRR!  Murphy's Law is being TOO friendly for this cruise! I fully understand the annoyance of travel plans having to be changed at short notice, rely on taxis myself-Legally Blind so never learnt to drive.

I have noted to make sure I have extra money in reserve when I sail Carnival Splendor out of Sydney, Australia in November 2020. Eagerly counting down the days!