Air B&B

richbum

Split up into family groups, rent several places.  You will be hard pressed to find one or two places that will accomodate that many people.

Use 'Superhosts'....less chance of problems. 

Read and follow all of the AirBNB guidelines and rules...again, less chance of problems.

Have the various groups learn how to use Uber or Lyft for transportation.  Shuttle vans are ok, but will cost more and arranging timely pickups may present problems.

Be very careful with airbnbs that are in high rises here in Miami as most building do not allow them and they are considered "illegal rentals".  My building will turn off the fobs and not allow access.

Fortune House is one place you may want to look at in Brickell.  It's a hotel/condo building that has good reviews and I know someone who rents there and likes it.  Not sure how big the units are though. 

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Be very careful with airbnbs that are in high rises here in Miami as most building do not allow them and they are considered "illegal rentals".  My building will turn off the fobs and not allow access.

To elaborate on Carolyn's excellent advice...when you purchase a condo in South Florida many (if not most) make you sign an acknowledgement of having read and understood the condo rules.  Some buildings, like Carolyn's, can get very aggressive enforcing them.  A very common rule is that rentals are only allowed once a year and for a minimum of 3 months. You don't want to arrive and find you are locked out of your building or, maybe worse yet, get thrown out after you arrive! Be especially careful if it is a new listing or has few/no reviews.

Edited by capriccio

The Airbnb we stay at in Miami, is not exactly at the port. It's in Miami Beach next to Lincoln Road Mall. The guy owns several units in an apartment complex and we rent from him, then Uber to the port. With over a hundred Airbnb stays under my belt including many in south Florida, never had an issue. We always use a host with lots of good reviews.

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

The Airbnb we stay at in Miami, is not exactly at the port. It's in Miami Beach next to Lincoln Road Mall. The guy owns several units in an apartment complex and we rent from him, then Uber to the port. With over a hundred Airbnb stays under my belt including many in south Florida, never had an issue. We always use a host with lots of good reviews.

He just hasn’t been caught yet.....

On 8/18/2019 at 10:28 AM, Charles4515 said:

He just hasn’t been caught yet.....

Exactly.  If he is in an apartment building, he doesn't own several units.

I caught a poster on this forum illegally renting a unit in one of my friends apartment buildings.

You are better off not renting an AirBnB in South Florida.  

My condo in Hallandale Beach recently passed an amendment to their bylaws that stated any new owners had to wait for at least one year before they can rent out their unit. Didn’t notice anything regarding a minimum stay but I guess that will be happening pretty soon. It took the Board Of Directors years to find a decent roofing company  to make repairs to our building. The first three companies they hired did poor work and made the situation worse than when it started.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 2:26 PM, richbum said:

Can anyone recommend a decent Air B&B close to the Miami port? There are 14 of us going, so we would prefer not to do a bunch of expensive hotel rooms..

The Copper Door, beautiful fresh breakfast cooked in the morning, I think they have about 22 rooms.