Venice Port to Hotel

ctbjr1309

Ok, thanks Jim.  I took a vote and we're not real big on bridge schlepping so a few more water taxi questions:

Are water taxis readily available at the port such that advance arrangements are not needed?

How does one get their bags from the ship to the water taxis?  Are there porters available without advance arrangements or will there be some level of bag schlepping involved?

When arriving at a hotel's dock will there be someone from the hotel at the dock to help with bags, etc?

Anything else that I should be aware of since this is our first time disembarking in Venice?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, ctbjr1309 said:

Ok, thanks Jim.  I took a vote and we're not real big on bridge schlepping so a few more water taxi questions:

Are water taxis readily available at the port such that advance arrangements are not needed?

How does one get their bags from the ship to the water taxis?  Are there porters available without advance arrangements or will there be some level of bag schlepping involved?

When arriving at a hotel's dock will there be someone from the hotel at the dock to help with bags, etc?

Anything else that I should be aware of since this is our first time disembarking in Venice?

Thanks.

There were plenty when we docked but you can book online if that sounds better.  A short schlep when you collect bags but lots of nice porters just waiting to help and get some $$.  Not too pricey but then NOTHING in Venice is cheap as you know.  I would be very surprised if the Danieli did not have porters to help.  The water taxi can dock adjacent to the hotel, possibly the hotel has a water entrance as there is a side canal.  I suggest email the Danieli and tell them your plans.  They will probably give you a number to call/text when you are getting close.  The water taxis are, imho, the most beautiful way to get around.  I always hear the voice of that "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" guy in my head as we cruise into or out of Venice.  We tend to avoid the Vaporetto, the inexpensive water bus.  Lots of stops between where you are and where you want to go, or so it always seems.  And it is, again imho, very reminiscent of a NYC subway but with water views.  We love Venice and hope to see it again in the not too distant future.  Lots of talk about limiting tourists and cruises in general.  SD would not be restricted yet as they are currently discussing banning the over 100,000 ton ships.  I would not miss them at all. As a former resident of a Florida beach tourist town I get their frustrations with being overwhelmed by tourists.  Just shut the door after I get in.......🍸