Picking a cruise by environmental concerns

retireandgo

15 hours ago, Jana60 said:

It’s been my observation that the climate change warriors seem to be less interested in decreasing carbon footprint themselves than they are in forcing their will upon others.  I find it hilarious when some Hollywood starlet criticizes my once a year cruise as opposed to the private jet they fly every day!

Or, as a wise man said, "I'll start believing there is a climate crisis, as soon as the people claiming there is a climate crisis, start behaving as if there is a climate crisis."

4 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

"I'll start believing there is a climate crisis, as soon as the people claiming there is a climate crisis, start behaving as if there is a climate crisis."

And some people are.....more than just "some".

But some people don't want to see it.  It would mean they might have to consider changing their minds about something.

1 hour ago, calliopecruiser said:

And some people are.....more than just "some".

But some people don't want to see it.  It would mean they might have to consider changing their minds about something.

Why should the estimated 1500 private jet flights to the 2019 Davos Climate Summit cause me to consider changing my mind?

11 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Why should the estimated 1500 private jet flights to the 2019 Davos Climate Summit cause me to consider changing my mind?

They shouldn't, but those people aren't "climate change warriors", they're politicians.  Climate change is one of the many things they're working on as part of a plan to help their countries.

Look at the real "climate change warriors" and they're not doing wasteful things.

2 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

They shouldn't, but those people aren't "climate change warriors", they're politicians.  Climate change is one of the many things they're working on as part of a plan to help their countries.

Look at the real "climate change warriors" and they're not doing wasteful things.

No true Scotsman, or appeal to purity, is an informal fallacy in which one attempts to protect a universal generalization from counterexamples by changing the definition in an adhoc fashion to exclude the counterexample. Rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing"; i.e., those who perform that action are not part of our group and thus criticism of that action is not criticism of the group).

• Like 1