First Timers - SB, Encore Laundry?

travel4adventure

Thanks for the photos.  I too was wondering about the laundry.  We will be on a 16 night cruise so figure we'll need to do laundry at least once.  I especially love that there is bottled water waiting for thirsty passengers in the laundry room.  They think of everything, don't they?

Not criticizing,  just a comment:

When I spend over $20,000 on a vacation (cruise, airfare, tours, etc.) I am not going to waste any part of it doing laundry when I can spend maybe $30 for a bag of laundry that is cleaned, ironed and folded. That is a rounding error in my budget. 

4 hours ago, JPH814 said:

When I spend over $20,000 on a vacation (cruise, airfare, tours, etc.) I am not going to waste any part of it doing laundry when I can spend maybe $30 for a bag of laundry that is cleaned, ironed and folded. That is a rounding error in my budget. 

Hi,:classic_smile: I am taking my first Seabourn cruise in April (TA crossing) and then staying on for another 7 nights...…..I am glad you posted this.  I plan on sending my clothing out and will have the cruise line do it for me.

I agree with your sentiment.   Have you found they do a pretty good job?

4 hours ago, JPH814 said:

Well good for you :classic_wink:

But I have had enough items spoiled in ship's laundries that I would prefer to be in control of how they are washed

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi,:classic_smile: I am taking my first Seabourn cruise in April (TA crossing) and then staying on for another 7 nights...…..I am glad you posted this.  I plan on sending my clothing out and will have the cruise line do it for me.

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

We have never had any issues and the turnaround is usually within 24 hours. And my wife is a wizard at packing the bag!  

38 minutes ago, Bobal said:

But I have had enough items spoiled in ship's laundries that I would prefer to be in control of how they are washed

Maybe we have been lucky - or you unlucky. 

5 hours ago, Bobal said:

I’ve found that Ovation, Encore and Quest (3 newest ships)  laundries excellent, no overheating (spoiling) of elastic in items.

Not so with Sojourn’s laundry, that was a case of leaving the underwear behind in the waste bin.