HAL Oosterdam Pre-Buying Internet/Laundry

shiframeir

If you want the Premium internet, it is 20% off if bought beforehand, which puts it near the middle-level Surf. If you buy Surf, and get/auto-open an attachment that triggers streaming (or other Premium coverage) -- it won't ask it will simply upgrade your subscription and charge it to your room at the full rate. Or so I read on Cruise Critic.

I believe unlimited laundry is $7/day whenever you sign up. I think, though, that when you do use it if you choose unlimited it will be applied from the first day forward.  Here is an older (appears to be from 2015) laundry sheet; the prices per bag vs unlimited are not stated and the prices per item may have changed.

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/HAL-Laundry-Bag-Price.pdf

But that is the sort of form you will get.

If you call ship services (their phone number is on the HAL website) they should be able to give you exact prices for internet and laundry for your cruise. We’ve done the unlimited laundry on two HAL cruises and were really impressed with how well they laundered everything properly and quickly. We were able to pack a lot less because we used the laundry service every day.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, willcruiseanythyme said:

Is the unlimited laundry offered on the first day of cruising? Does everyone in the cabin have to pay for this or is it per stateroom? Thank you!

The laundry list link above has not changed since I posted it years ago.  Unlimited laundry is priced per stateroom and you can send as much as you want, just ask for more laundry bags if you need them.

9 minutes ago, Crew News said:

The laundry list link above has not changed since I posted it years ago.  Unlimited laundry is priced per stateroom and you can send as much as you want, just ask for more laundry bags if you need them.

I realize I can send out laundry using this list. What I am asking is in relation to a previous post where you prepay a daily cost for unlimited laundry while onboard. I'd like to know if that is still offered, and if so, which day will it be offered.

I've been on past cruises where a brown bag is distributed midway through a cruise as well where you pay one price for as much as you can stuff in the bag. I'm looking for bulk options, not pay for one or two items.

Just now, willcruiseanythyme said:

I realize I can send out laundry using this list. What I am asking is in relation to a previous post where you prepay a daily cost for unlimited laundry while onboard. I'd like to know if that is still offered, and if so, which day will it be offered.

I've been on past cruises where a brown bag is distributed midway through a cruise as well where you pay one price for as much as you can stuff in the bag. I'm looking for bulk options, not pay for one or two items.

If you check the box on the list for "Unlimited" on your first laundry submission, your account will be charged $7/day for the number of days on your North American cruise in a single payment.  You will find a blue laundry bag and laundry list hanging in your closet when you board and will receive a new bag/list when your laundry is returned.  If you need more bags, your Room Steward will provide them.

FWIW laundry bags are cloth with a drawstring which means you can stuff a lot in them.

1 minute ago, Crew News said:

If you check the box on the list for "Unlimited" on your first laundry submission, your account will be charged $7/day for the number of days on your North American cruise in a single payment.  You will find a blue laundry bag and laundry list hanging in your closet when you board and will receive a new bag/list when your laundry is returned.  If you need more bags, your Room Steward will provide them.

FWIW laundry bags are cloth with a drawstring which means you can stuff a lot in them.

Thank you! 

1 minute ago, willcruiseanythyme said:

Thank you! 

I was remiss in not stating how much a laundry bag holds for me:  three shirts, two pair jeans, two pair socks, pajamas, underwear, and handkerchiefs.  If clothes are lightweight, such as worn in Caribbean, more should fit in a bag.

26 minutes ago, Crew News said:

I was remiss in not stating how much a laundry bag holds for me:  three shirts, two pair jeans, two pair socks, pajamas, underwear, and handkerchiefs.  If clothes are lightweight, such as worn in Caribbean, more should fit in a bag.

Very helpful, thank you! $7 per day seems very cheap! Why would anyone not take advantage of this?! Means I can pack less!!

4 minutes ago, willcruiseanythyme said:

Very helpful, thank you! $7 per day seems very cheap! Why would anyone not take advantage of this?! Means I can pack less!!

I pack for three days for a typical 14-day cruise which translates to one less piece of luggage.  At $30/bag airline baggage fees, that saves $60 and I wear fresh clothes each day.  With HAL no longer requiring more than collared shirts and slacks for Gala Nights, the tuxedo stays home which saves even more room in my luggage.

4 hours ago, Crew News said:

I pack for three days for a typical 14-day cruise which translates to one less piece of luggage.  At $30/bag airline baggage fees, that saves $60 and I wear fresh clothes each day.  With HAL no longer requiring more than collared shirts and slacks for Gala Nights, the tuxedo stays home which saves even more room in my luggage.

But men look so handsome in a tux! 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...