Discovery 2 question hairdryer and iron in cabin?

Lots of cruisers are indicating that irons are now allowed. I have checked under prohibited items and this is what I found 

(20) Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, flat irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating / hot plates, etc.6,7 .

Just be very careful if you do manage to get one onboard as it is a risk of fire. 

35 minutes ago, suekay said:

It's hard to believe that Marella are the only cruise line I know which hasn't specifically banned irons. 

Well I think they have if you read my post above its very clear 'flat irons' and any item with an element. Which Mrs PC is not happy about as that would include her curling tongues😒

In the marella cruise FAQs - (number 14) says

"

14) Can I take a travel iron on the ship?

You may take a travel iron on the ship. However, if the device is determined to pose a hazard, it will be removed and returned on the last day of the cruise prior to disembarkation."

3 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Well I think they have if you read my post above its very clear 'flat irons' and any item with an element. Which Mrs PC is not happy about as that would include her curling tongues😒

Well, again from the FAQs:

"20) Can I take electrical items onboard the cruise ship?

In your cabin you can use personal grooming items such as hairdryers, travel irons, curling tongs, hair straighteners and shavers are permitted when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned on the last day of the cruise prior to disembarkation. We also ask that all electrical equipment is turned off when you leave the cabin and not left on charge.
You may bring a four-way adapter or extension lead onboard, but we ask that you let our Cruise Team know so that these can be tested."

Good grief - who would even want to iron on holiday 😮

I have never known any line to allow irons - even travel irons - so this is a first for me.

Nope - not happening - ships laundry does a great job.

Aside from getting 3 items each free (actually hmm might just send down 6 linen shirts) - having met the laundry guys on many ships over the years, wow - the work they do is just amazing - Remember you are keeping someone in work and probably feeding a family, just by using all the "pay for" facilities on a ship.

If I remember I take everything home laundered and pressed - as much as I can before the "last call" for laundry.

Love coming home with a clean pile of laundry!! 🙂 And - I recycle the hangers as they simply go back in the suitcase for the next trip 🙂 

5 hours ago, soobs said:

I am new to this forum usually  P & O poster but looking at trying a Caribbean cruise in December is there not a launderette on board?  

You can send a bag of laundry to be done  for you if you wish.  I think it's about £15 per bag but maybe someone else can confirm the cost

Thank you - going to get one of those iron things that are not an iron - a steamer thing will iron before packing and use steam to remove any creases - then the laundry after that as don't have as much baggage allowance as usual 23kg and 7 kg hand luggage looks like total 20kg incl hand baggage

21 minutes ago, soobs said:

Thank you - going to get one of those iron things that are not an iron - a steamer thing will iron before packing and use steam to remove any creases - then the laundry after that as don't have as much baggage allowance as usual 23kg and 7 kg hand luggage looks like total 20kg incl hand baggage

No.  This is wrong.

Its 20KG hold luggage, 10KG hand luggage.  That is confirmed and on my current boarding pass (for 14th September).

You can upgrade your hold luggage allowance but no single bag can weigh more than 23KG.

Just now, Pensioncruiser said:

No it's gone up from 27kg to 30kg. Same hold weight but increase in hand luggage to 10kg and that's confirmed on our boarding passes printed yesterday 😎

What number is your boarding passes?  We are 5 & 6.  I thought we were quick off the mark but four people beat us to it!

6 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

1 & 2 😉

My brain didnt equate the fact that there was more than one flight from more than one destination there in the sequencing.  D'oh!

We are flying from Belfast @ 05:40.  Where are you flying from and what time?