Azamazing Evening Journey November and December

uktog

1 hour ago, AlbertasRose said:

Welcome back from holidays Bonnie!  It's been a month since we were told that "More information will be shared with everyone soon!"  It's only 60 more days until we sail, have there been any updates?  Thanks!

Hi AlbertasRose, thank you for the 'welcome back' 🙂  It is good to be back though my internal system doesn't yet know what time zone it is on!

I haven't heard anything further but then I didn't asked while I was away. I'll see what I can find out for you.

8 minutes ago, tv24 said:

A bit disappointed that there will e no "A" evening on our Nov. 5 crossing.  An on board event sounds like simply a repeat of the White Party.  Oh well, there's always the free drinks!

There are never Azamazing evenings on the crossings.  The crossing was not sold advertising an evening whereas the other cruises were

And PS no notification or explanation issued to guests

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

There are never Azamazing evenings on the crossings.  The crossing was not sold advertising an evening whereas the other cruises were

And PS no notification or explanation issued to guests

Thanks for the clarification. And sorry for how this has all worked out for your other cruise.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we are now just over a month until we start our B2B cruises, with absolutely no information on the "Azamazing Evenings"  that will apparently be happening onboard.  No dates (locations) for when they might happen, what the plans are...nothing.  We kept getting promises of more information to come...again nothing.  I cannot say I'm very impressed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any new information on what might be planned as a result of no Azamazing evening.   I just booked this cruise directly through Azamara.  Other than the promo price, the second driving force for booking was that there are Azamazing evenings when cruising with Azamara..   no mention was made by the agent that there would be no special evening during our conversation.   My confirmation document actually highlights the Azamazing evening on (most) cruises. I assumed they used the word (most) because of the oceanic and less than 7 day exclusion.   Very disappointing, but we are really looking forward to this cruise to try something new after several cruises with RCCL, Celebrity and Holland America.   Here is hoping that they substitute and evening that is enjoyable for all of us.

6 hours ago, retird said:

Is there any new information on what might be planned as a result of no Azamazing evening.   I just booked this cruise directly through Azamara.  Other than the promo price, the second driving force for booking was that there are Azamazing evenings when cruising with Azamara..   no mention was made by the agent that there would be no special evening during our conversation.   My confirmation document actually highlights the Azamazing evening on (most) cruises. I assumed they used the word (most) because of the oceanic and less than 7 day exclusion.   Very disappointing, but we are really looking forward to this cruise to try something new after several cruises with RCCL, Celebrity and Holland America.   Here is hoping that they substitute and evening that is enjoyable for all of us.

Sorry you had to find out this way.  As you can see it’s been known about for over two months though it seems it’s a secret not being shared with agents or booked guests!  At least you got a promo price, many didn’t. Let’s hope the ports make up for the disappointments.  

• Like 2

I have just had an email from Azamara, outlining the plans for an evening onboard instead of an an Azamazing Evening. ‘Colors of the Caribbean’. There will be 2 shows. We will be told of our time onboard. I appreciate the correspondence and at least knowing now what the plans are. It will be held in St Maarten. 

Here is the detail for 30th Nov, the wording for 21st Nov sailing is very similar except it will be in St Marteen with steel drums etc.  Both sound good.

Dear Azamara Guest,

We’re writing with an important update regarding your 7-Night Caribbean Breezes Voyage departing San Juan, Puerto Rico on November 30th.

As you may or may not be aware, this itinerary originally included a call in Cuba. However, government regulations prohibiting cruise travel to the island required us to quickly adapt and curate the incredible itinerary you’re about to experience.

Unfortunately, the AzAmazing Evening for this voyage was originally scheduled for that call in Cuba. As you can imagine, these events are typically planned a solid year in advance. Additionally, the authentic islands you’ll be visiting, as charming as they are, offer limited space for such a celebration. Therefore, we simply couldn’t secure a worthy venue ashore. However, that’s not going to stop us from bringing you a one-of-a-kind cultural event that’s every bit in the spirit of our AzAmazing Evenings.

We’re thrilled to invite you to an all-new “Colors of the Caribbean” celebration onboard Azamara Journey, Monday, December 2nd during your call in Bridgetown, Barbados.

This unforgettable evening has been carefully planned to immerse you in the traditions, songs, flavors and vibrant heritage of the islands. Join the excitement as we explore the rich African history of Barbados with live music by a local “Tuk band” and timeless dances that have been passed down for generations. Snack on favorite island bites. Sip rum cocktails and local beers. Hit the dance floor and learn some authentic moves as the night comes alive with tropical rhythms, stilt walkers, flowing costumes, and a captivating Caribbean vibe.

Your voyage will be among the first to experience “Colors of the Caribbean”, and, to make sure everyone has the opportunity to share in the excitement, we’ll be hosting two evening performances. You’ll receive your assigned reservations upon boarding. All you have to do is show up and enjoy a great night of authentic island culture.

Also, remember there’s a White Night Party planned for your voyage. We wouldn’t dream of letting you miss out on this Azamara tradition, so be sure to pack your favorite all-white outfit.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you aboard in San Juan.

Sincerely,

AZAMARA® 

• Like 1

As promised, we’re pleased to share an update regarding the AzAmazing Evenings on the following sailings that were originally scheduled in Cuba:

1.       21-Nov-2019 

2.       30-Nov-2019 

3.       7-Dec-2019  

As you know, recent government regulation changes prohibiting cruise travel to Cuba required us to quickly adjust several itineraries in November and December.

The new authentic islands you’ll be visiting, as charming as they are, offer limited space for such a celebration. We simply couldn’t secure a worthy venue ashore. However, we’re committed to bringing you a one-of-a-kind cultural event that’s every bit in the spirit of our AzAmazing Evenings. As a result, we’re looking forward to bringing you an all-new “Colors of the Caribbean” event onboard the ship.

This special evening, similar to an AzAmazing Evening, which includes local entertainment, food and drinks, has been carefully planned to immerse you in the traditions, songs, flavors and vibrant heritage of the islands. To make sure everyone has the opportunity to share in the excitement, we’ll be hosting two evening performances. 

All guests and travel partners should expect to receive a detailed letter today with more information. Please refer to your specific roll call for a copy of the letter or contact your travel partner.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:37 AM, BBMacLaird said:

As promised, we’re pleased to share an update regarding the AzAmazing Evenings on the following sailings that were originally scheduled in Cuba:

1.       21-Nov-2019 

2.       30-Nov-2019 

3.       7-Dec-2019  

Thank you Bonnie!

• Like 1