Dock 102 in Quebec City -- info for getting around from there?

Turtles06

Well, the port of Quebec has just posted the docking assignments for our port call on Sept. 15-16 aboard the Celebrity Summit (when half a dozen other ships will also be there), and it seems we've drawn the short straw, getting Dock (Wharf) 102, which as best I can tell from the maps is well over a mile from the Old Port. Does anyone have any information about the best way to get around from there?   Taxi?  Uber?  Bus?   Anyone know if the cruise lines run a shuttle to the Old Port area?

Thanks for any information, tips, and advice!

Most cruise lines will run a shuttle from there-- but you should obviously check ahead of time to see what Celebrity has done. Uber is also available and frankly would be my go to unless I was headed exactly where the shuttle was dropping off to save time. Quebec is very easy to get around in by foot once you get to the center of town. 

6 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Most cruise lines will run a shuttle from there-- but you should obviously check ahead of time to see what Celebrity has done. Uber is also available and frankly would be my go to unless I was headed exactly where the shuttle was dropping off to save time. Quebec is very easy to get around in by foot once you get to the center of town. 

Thanks!  Re a shuttle, I've also asked in the Celebrity forum and sent an email to my Celebrity rep, so we'll see if that turns up any information.   

2 hours ago, Orch at Sea said:

Is there a footpath from dock 102 to the city centre, as we would prefer to walk.

Where you'll be disembarking is an industrial dock so it will be up to them whether you can walk yourself out of it-- I've only docked there once but I think I remember that you had to board the bus to at least be shown out of the port area.

Just outside you are right below the Plains of Abraham and there are numerous paths to hike up to the main area of the park. From there you can walk towards the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, and upper city. I think there was also a bike path that ran along the river and the busy road into the city. I would estimate that it was about a 40-45 minute walk to the main part of town. 

Orch at Sea: Sure, it's walkable.  Along the waterside, there is indeed a foot/bike path to the lower part of Old Québec. From dock 102 to the edge of the tourist area, I would think that it's a 25 minute walk (I used to cycle there, at it's about 5-6 minutes at 20MPH).  At that point you are still in the Lower Town.

In the opposite direction, you can make it to Côte Gilmour by foot.  Although the scenery is remarkable, it's not an easy climb. It's rather steep, with significant car traffic.  And once at the top of the hill, you are in a national park and still quite a way from the Upper Town's attraction.