Taking an excursion to Amiga island?

peanut1277

On 8/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, peanut1277 said:

is it worth spending the extra money to take an excursion to Amiga island in Labadee? 

Our excursion to Amiga was cancelled and given over to the 'sandbar crowd' excursion. I seem the sandbar was too deep for the visit, so RCI moved that group to Amiga and cancelled us. I think there was more profit in selling drinks. However, from what I have heard, Amiga is very nice, just be aware it may get cancelled if the sandbar is too deep underwater.

On 8/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, peanut1277 said:

is it worth spending the extra money to take an excursion to Amiga island in Labadee? 

What would make it "worth" it to you?  Worth and value mean different things to different people.

Is there something "extra" that you're looking for that you can't get on Labadee, or is there something on Labadee that you're trying to avoid?

brillohead… my understanding on this board the excursion gets cancelled and people mention just to go to Columbus cove. Looking to avoid over crowded beaches & rocks in water  ( that was mentioned to wear water shoes)  

10 minutes ago, peanut1277 said:

brillohead… my understanding on this board the excursion gets cancelled and people mention just to go to Columbus cove. Looking to avoid over crowded beaches & rocks in water  ( that was mentioned to wear water shoes)  

Adrenaline Beach is the one with LOTS of rocks.  It's really not suitable for swimming/wading, IMO.  

No rocks (or very rare, like what you'd get at any typical beach) on the other side of the peninsula at Nellie's Beach and Columbus Cove.  

Nellie's does get crowded (both on the beach and in the water) because it's so small, but Columbus Cove is VERY large.  If you want loungers away from people at Columbus Cove, you can drag some back from the waterfront area -- there's plenty of sand area between the water and the road.  And the water area is so large, it doesn't feel crowded at all, IMO, even when there's an Oasis class ship there.