Alaska Cruises

Plself

On 10/10/2019 at 4:14 PM, AnchorsAndAdventures said:

I always recommend Princess or Holland America for Alaska clients. Those two lines have the best Alaska program for mass market. They have have access to some glaciers that other lines do not.

What glaciers do Princess and HAL have access to that others don't? 🤔

I’ve done 7 cruises to Alaska, 4 princess, 2 hal, 1 ncl. 

i personality recommends princess, one of the things I noticed was that princess shined when it comes to education / awareness in Alaska, through talks, shows, and common  area speakers. In particular I recommend the island or coral princess as these boats were build specific for both Alaska and Panama Canal., the buffet is uniquely placed at the front of ship for viewing purposes. 

Another major thing I think everyone should consider in Alaska is whether or not the ship has a covered pool area. For me this makes a huge difference. My favourite spot on a cold day, was sitting on a lounger, with a tea, blanket and book, watching for sea life. When a whale is spotted people point, letting those around them know. When on ships without the covered deck, I saw a lot less sea life... mind you we typically cruised late May or very early June when weather was still hit or miss.

Have fun!

Edited by ldock
Spelling

• 1 month later...

We did our Alaska cruise with NCL on the Jewel and it was amazing.  Sure, NCL might not be 5 star but it was a really nice trip and we are going back in May on the NCL Bliss.  We compared and researched soooo many options and decided NCL was right for us.  Do your research and you'll hopefully find one you like.