Silly question

Luvcruisin76

33 minutes ago, Luvcruisin76 said:

We are on Breeze Nov 30th going to Dominican, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Turks and Caicos. My daughter is wanting to get her picture taken with tropical birds. Does anyone know if that's available at any of these ports? Thanks!

There is an area a short walk from the port in San Juan where you can take pictures with tropical birds. I don’t know exactly where it was located, but I noticed it the last two times we were in San Juan when we were walking around. I am sure someone on the ship or someone on this site can give you directions. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

When we got off the ship in St. Thomas last year, right across the street from the pier gate, there were some locals set up to take pictures. They had on traditional clothing and one of the guys had either a parrot or macaw with him (I forget which). But that was just over a year ago, I don't know if it's something they do regularly. Keep an eye out.

In San Juan there was a vendor with several tropical birds on the walkway on the waterfront in Old Town. Location varies.

P.S. The OP might get a better response if a more descriptive title was given.

2 hours ago, Doug R. said:

In San Juan there was a vendor with several tropical birds on the walkway on the waterfront in Old Town. Location varies.

P.S. The OP might get a better response if a more descriptive title was given.

I don't mean this to sound picky but to clarify for the OP in case they are not familiar, the location is Old San Juan, not Old Town.  And as a day port of call, the ship will dock in Old San Juan, so the vendor you refer to should be just off the pier.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We got off the same cruise a couple of weeks ago and went to Ocean World at Amber Cove, DR. They have a tropical bird aviary you can walk through and feed the birds. Some of them will even land on you while they eat, which is a great photo opportunity. They also have a parrot show and you can get your photos taken with them.