silent disco

debvm

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

In part that is due to having a couple of different headphone groups that each have their own music playing - which adds to the fun as not everyone is hearing the same music.

Exactly...if you are just watching, you won't hear anything...but you'll see people dancing....dancing different dances...sometimes even the same couple would listen to different music by mistake......

Each headphone has a number of channels....each channel has a different tune.....a couple could be listening to rock and roll, another to disco, another to boogie, another to salsa.....everyone dancing differently on the floor.  It's just a lot of fun to dance and just a fun just to watch.

Yes, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean both have "Silent Disco".

And if you just happen to be walking by the atrium on Celebrity, and not hear music, but see a whole bunch of people dancing....it's just weird...but you'll get a smile after you realize what's happening.

• Haha 1

If you like dancing then these are great fun. My missus loves them. I just find them funny.

She was dancing and singing away whilst I sat there listening to different music laughing at her dancing all wrong to the song I was listening too.

Very funny.

20 hours ago, davecttr said:

Silent discos are fun. I suggested they might introduce a silent karaoke but no luck so far!

With some "singers" I would agree. 😄

Although not silent, one of our great memories was of a pub in London with mass karaoke.  They had a live band, projected the lyrics on all 4 walls, and EVERYONE was up dancing and singing.  So, even if you could not sing, no one could hear you. 😄

Edited by SRF