What is the nternet and laundry cost for a 21 day Antarctica cruise, please?

whogo

Possibly a first time Seabourn cruiser here, hoping to find approximate costs for internet and laundry before submitting budget figures to SWMBO. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. We hope to avoid doing our own laundry. (I did see a couple of mentions of $400 internet, I could not tell how many days that covered. )

14 minutes ago, whogo said:

Possibly a first time Seabourn cruiser here, hoping to find approximate costs for internet and laundry before submitting budget figures to SWMBO. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. We hope to avoid doing our own laundry. (I did see a couple of mentions of $400 internet, I could not tell how many days that covered. )

$400 internet is for entire cruise no matter the length.  There are different packages you can buy with varying minutes included.  Minutes are approx. $0.20/minute.

Self service laundry is free (included).  Sending out has varying costs depending on the item or $50 for a bag you can stuff as much as you can in.  Depending on the items, probably 20 to 25 items.  There will be a laundry list with prices in your suite and perhaps somebody can post it.  All depends on how much you send out and the types of items.

39 minutes ago, vaitape said:

Remember, the bagged laundry is returned nicely folded but not pressed.

My husband's shirts and washable khaki trousers were returned pressed and hanging on hangers from the $50 bag of laundry.    

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vaitape said:

Remember, the bagged laundry is returned nicely folded but not pressed.

The laundry is returned on hangers, unless it's underwear or socks or similar. Of course it's pressed. 

It's been 2 years since we were last on Seabourn so I must not be remembering correctly....or I'm remembering either Oceania or Windstar bagged laundry practices. Nice to know shirts and slacks in Seabourn's bagged laundry come back pressed.

6 hours ago, whogo said:

As a first time cruiser with Seabourn you may be able to get a Referral of US $400 OBC from someone here which would then make the internet free. In 6 or 7 cruises we have done with Seabourn we have always used this method to acquire  the internet for "free"

When we went to Antarctica (first cruise of the second season in 2014) I got by with buying the internet in 2hour blocks at $10 an hour. I found that by working offline and just going online to send and receive that 2 hours lasted about a week (I wasn't posting photos)

We had one bag of laundry a week included in our status then and I managed to fit a week’s washing (including slacks) in a bag.

I managed to stuff in 48 items once (although I think the record claimed on this board is about 67 items! )

Your laundry does come back pressed [including underwear folded in tissue paper!

(Just like at home, NOT !)     (I must speak to SWMBO🤣🤣]

We were on the Quest's Antarctica cruise this past fall.  We opted for the $400 unlimited internet package which we shared between the 2 of us and were happy with it, although the band width is not close to what you find on land.  The free laundry machine are very large and are often not being used.

10 hours ago, SKP946 said:

When we went to Antarctica (first cruise of the second season in 2014) I got by with buying the internet in 2hour blocks at $10 an hour. I found that by working offline and just going online to send and receive that 2 hours lasted about a week (I wasn't posting photos)

We had one bag of laundry a week included in our status then and I managed to fit a week’s washing (including slacks) in a bag.

I managed to stuff in 48 items once (although I think the record claimed on this board is about 67 items! )

Your laundry does come back pressed [including underwear folded in tissue paper!

(Just like at home, NOT !)     (I must speak to SWMBO🤣🤣]

I like 😂😂

21 hours ago, whogo said:

The Diamond Elite internet package is ‘all you can eat’ for entire cruise (regardless of the number of days). Last time I bought it $495 I believe.