Seabourn Hallowe'en Party?

MaggyCan1

Hello everyone!

I have cruised with SB now three times, and have three more upcoming cruises.  Needless to say, I love Seabourn!   For the first time, I will be on a SB cruise on Hallowe'en, and was wondering if anyone who has happened to be onboard on Hallowe'en night, can tell me whether or not there is any sort of costume party.   Or, if staff members are dressed up, and encourage passengers to dress up.

Thanks for the feedback, in advance.

I’ve been on for three different Seabourn Halloween celebrations and there has always been a costume-optional party in the Club that was quite fun.  All entertainers in some variation of costume plus a few crew and passengers too.

Thanks everyone!   This is good to know, and great to see a pic of some of those in costume.   I'm still debating with myself as to whether or not to dress up.   October 31st will be a sea day, but the very next day, we sail into Manhattan harbour.   So, I'm thinking maybe The Statue of Liberty???   

We were on Quest in NYC on 31st October  in either 2015 or 16, I believe we left NYC on that day (we'd had an overnight there so my memory may not be accurate). Some people were in costume and there was a party in the Club that evening. 

Sounds as if you may be on the same cruise we were on , MaggyCan, Montreal to Miami? 

Yes, you are quite right Isklaar.  It's the Montreal to Miami cruise on the Quest.  Leaving Montreal on October 25th, arriving in Miami on November 6th.   The highlight for me will be NYC, sailing in and out of Manhattan harbour, where the ship will overnight giving us 2 days to see something of The Big Apple.   I'm also looking forward to Charleston which I've visited once before and found it absolutely charming.   So a return visit will be enjoyable for sure.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:26 PM, ibnoland said:

We were on the QUEST last Halloween. Nothing special.

Ditto!  A few couples dressed up and a few small gifts given out. I love Halloween

and always wear at least some type of hat. It was good because we were in Salem like the day  before and that was quite an experience.   

30 minutes ago, MaggyCan1 said:

Yes, you are quite right Isklaar.  It's the Montreal to Miami cruise on the Quest.  Leaving Montreal on October 25th, arriving in Miami on November 6th.   The highlight for me will be NYC, sailing in and out of Manhattan harbour, where the ship will overnight giving us 2 days to see something of The Big Apple.   I'm also looking forward to Charleston which I've visited once before and found it absolutely charming.   So a return visit will be enjoyable for sure.

Except last year they ended up docking in the New Jersey dock.

5 hours ago, MaggyCan1 said:

We had challenging weather, missed a couple of ports, but for me it was one of the best.  My favourite port was probably Madeleine Islands in the Gulf of St Lawrence, although each port had its own appeal.

I too found Charleston charming and hope to return one day.

The day we arrrived  into NYC the weather was perfect, temps in the high 60s and clear blue skies. 

Sailing into NYC was a wonderful experience.  Even though most of us passengers had visited previously many of the younger crew had never visited the city before and were very excited. It was good to feel their excitement.

We docked at the cruise terminal in Brooklyn but there were regular shuttle buses into Manhattan. 

One of my favourite cruises and would definitely take it again. Hope you enjoy it too. 

Thank you KKMIAUSA for the information re docking location, that is good to know.   And your experience re the Hallowe'en celebration.   Still pondering, "To dress up, or Not to dress up".   That is the question.   LOL.

However, from Isklaar, I take it that the sail-in (and out?) was still wonderful, which to be honest, is what I am most looking forward to.   I appreciate the heads-up on the weather as well.   I am preparing for some rough seas with Gravol+ginger and the wrist bands.   Crossing my fingers for smooth sailing, but at that time of year and that area, definitely should expect some pitching and rolling.   

4 hours ago, MaggyCan1 said:

Thank you KKMIAUSA for the information re docking location, that is good to know.   And your experience re the Hallowe'en celebration.   Still pondering, "To dress up, or Not to dress up".   That is the question.   LOL.

However, from Isklaar, I take it that the sail-in (and out?) was still wonderful, which to be honest, is what I am most looking forward to.   I appreciate the heads-up on the weather as well.   I am preparing for some rough seas with Gravol+ginger and the wrist bands.   Crossing my fingers for smooth sailing, but at that time of year and that area, definitely should expect some pitching and rolling.   

Just to clarify, when I was on that cruise we docked at Brooklyn, just by the bridge. However, KKMIAUSA said she docked in New Jersey.

View during sail-in to Brooklyn was wonderful; Ellis Island, Statue of LIberty, Brooklyn Bridge and of course Lower Manhattan. I don't know how it would be if docking in NJ. Sail out was great too. We left at around 3pm so it was full daylight.

I'll post a photo of our sail in if I can find the relevant memory stick.

Edited by Isklaar